hancock dogs

Off topic, but, if Hancock is all about the money, I cannot understand why he has not sold his puppy farm/ scrapyard to developers. It must be worth a fortune (rather exclusive part of Sutton Coldfield). Bet the neighbours would chip in- imagine the noise that many dogs can make when they start up at night :icon_eek:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was just wundering how many people like and rate them dogs personally i think they are only gud 4 rabbits but was just wundering wotb is so good about them can any let me no [bANNED TEXT] every 1 is missing out on
Recent Hancock dogs looka bit too bred for "type and colour (ie genetic warning -sign merle)" for my liking.Sturdy looking but a bit "distant" in attitude.I should'nt really judge on looks though ,should I.

Had a Richard JonesxRene bitch in mid 80's.Nervy,sensitive to train,cold sort of temperament.Once she twigged something though she never forgot it.Took long time ,lots of patience but at2 an half/ 3 yrs she blossomed>Won obedience,was fast for a 1st cross,took fox,loads of bunnies.Above average dog but a lot of effort to get there!Sadly killed in freak accident by of f-road joyriders.My next dog was rumoured to have originated from his stock from Merle(possibly via Merlin ,Conroys' Fleck lines).Loaded with saluki genes by the time the strain got to me.Don't think I'll ever own a better bitch though! If I get another collie cross I'll look for a pup from a calm ,working bitch of the old fashioned "farm collie type" or even a sensible pet type.Hancock has had his disasters (PhilLloyds Maddie for one) Some of his dogs have done very well in the right hands but I think any dog does well in the right hands .

:hmm: Interesting comments Commanche..... :blink:

WHY do you consider Lloyd's Maddie to be a disaster for Hancock....just curious.... :icon_eek:

All the best to you,...CHALKWARREN.... :drink:

Ooh dear .Nice picture. I deduced from something PL wrote years ago that the poor little dog may have had some inherent problem.Anything else is hearsay I admit .Really don't want to cause trouble ..honest :thumbs:
Cocker .... The 1/2 cross bitch you had 15 year's ago, would she of been by the Collie dog Rufus by any chance ???

I HAD A BITCH ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO OUT OF RUFUS AND A DAM CALLED DAISY SHE WAS A CRACKING BITCH SHE WORKED DAY & NIGHT TOOK ALL QUARRY DIED AT 13 :(

never owned one ..but been out with a few ..a lad i work with and have known for a long time ...had a good hancock 15 years ago ...maybe a bit longer :blink: ...... it was a very decent dog .....took all game not with ease but it did .....and ive been out with a couple this year ...one was with a lad off this site ..i took him lamping because he was struggling to find any decent amount off bunnies ....the young dog run ok ...and the lad puts the time in ..so next season it should be a decent animal ....but we all know its a gamble with running dogs or any form of hunting dog ....so me personally if i wanted a collie x i would deffo not get a hanncock ...i think 99% of people that do are usally new to the game and its there first dog ........these days ......now iam not saying there arnt any decent hancocks about ....but if the lads that own them now and its there first running dog and its doing well ..just imagine what you could do with something that was bred from worker to worker .. :thumbs: ...........more than anything its the time you put in //..you can make an average bred dog a good dog .....or a well bred dog a very good dog ....with a bit of luck and dedication :thumbs: ....

and i quote what chalky says good luck with whatever juckel you run ... :D:D:D

i think there r not bad not a big fan myself but when you read other topics most people say they wouldnt have a dog that wasnt of working stock or if the dog/bitch(parents) wasnt up to scratch now hancock dosnt buy his dogs and never uses them and the amount of dogs he has they probbley dont even get out the kennel so as from working stock is conserned i think you only get out of a dog what u put into it the same as anything else but the certin breeds give the basic instincs and u do the rest

I have had two 1/2 cross collie greyhounds off hancock and just bought my son his first lurcher pup off him ...........most people who slag him off have never had one ...you only get out of a dog what you put in. so i would say go for one when mine retires i will get another one off him :yes::yes:

i read your comments and heard the shit that hanckock plummer fed people i won the amman valley lurcher obeidence away back the year we scots got thrown out of fiasco at the forum he took a pic of me with my bitch , the fecher never gave me it he tried to sell pups through my hard work the bitch was alright but by 5 was picking her kills and well i got rid of her to a good pet home, all in all ive got better dogs than hanckocks ever going to breed as ive tried and tested them over 15 years a few generaitions down the line , hanckck dogs in general well they are alrite but well alrite is no good to me as i hunt pretty hard and i found big faults in them , so there history to any seruios game hunters idont no any seruois hunters who keep them nowadays , al the best

HOW DO YOU SELECTIVELY BREED WORKER TO WORKER WHEN YOU PRODUCE A 1ST CROSS COLLIE/GREYHOUND, I AGREE SECOND CROSSES SHOULD BE FROM A STUD DOG THATS PROVED ITS WORTH IN THE FIELD

quite easily

the greyhound must of worked, and its parents worked

the collie, well i dont know a lot about them, i guess you want a working bred collie, bred to do what collies do

a first x may be a bit of a gamble you could say...

i think the reasson hes also still selling pups is because the first x etc must throw reasonably similar types of dogs... if you gave him two very good workers and he pumped out litters and litters from the litters etc it would probably be more noticeable the decline in the quality of the working dogs

just MO but

Guest markbrick1

all i can say on this matter is................ive seen 2 good hancock dogs..and loads of shit ones the 2 i seen and know well to this day got worked of lads who beleave in working them,most of the shit ones well they wernt worked,not by my means anyway,but is this not the case with every litter bought and sold.Depends where it goes are in to whos hands it goes in to,mark

for one thing never had hanckock dogs that could catch several hares roe etc on big nites years a go i mean 15 yrs plus i new collie crosses of hanckcks were not good enough for big nites on large feilds catching 5 to 10 roe and maybe 12 hares a week the odd fox the odd rabbit, i burnt a three qaurter cross out and the half cross never had the pace only saw the collie crosses i keep now last , but there shall be genuine dog men whose collie types that can last and still try after four hard seasons at the game , ive never had to enter the type i breed as there up for the game the hanckockers i had to enter and mess about with in the end i got saluk crosses and still run collie crosses but up to date never saw many thta would last more than three to four seasons, all the best but realy nowadays there guys like my self well maybe, who breed good collie crosses who are tried till they are tested fully and then bred alll the best

I have had two 1/2 cross collie greyhounds off hancock and just bought my son his first lurcher pup off him ...........most people who slag him off have never had one ...you only get out of a dog what you put in. so i would say go for one when mine retires i will get another one off him :yes::yes:

most people who keep on buying them off him, have never had anything else!

all i can say on this matter is................ive seen 2 good hancock dogs..and loads of shit ones the 2 i seen and know well to this day got worked of lads who beleave in working them,most of the shit ones well they wernt worked,not by my means anyway,but is this not the case with every litter bought and sold.Depends where it goes are in to whos hands it goes in to,mark

so what youre saying is, its not the dog, its the handler??? im not sure i agree.

Guest markbrick1

so what youre saying is, its not the dog, its the handler??? im not sure i agree.

well i think the handler is a big part of a good dog,mark a well bred dog can be spoilt with a foolish handler and a not so well bred dog can be decent with a good handler

well i think the handler is a big part of a good dog,mark a well bred dog can be spoilt with a foolish handler and a not so well bred dog can be decent with a good handler

i also think the handler is a big part of a good un, but if its substandard breeding from untried ancestry youre not putting the odds in youre favour! :thumbdown: dai h, knows its in a dog to chase, so a percentage of his customers are going to be happy! just my oppinion. :thumbs: