Our Blue Patterdales(Nuttall bred)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice dogs them mate, i have a patterdale off my own, shes 8 months old now, full breed. id be interested in putting a blue over my patt. shes very short an rough coat, il post a pic if i can do it.

FULL BREED?

WHY USE THE BLUE ,WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THE BITCH WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH TO LINE?WHAT MAKES YOU THINK URU WILL GIVE YOU THE SERVICE?

Putting dogs down holes in the full knowledge you will have to dig it out is not a popular past time in Australia. Still, a nice dog is a nice dog and I reckon this one looks a cracker!!

bluediamond-1.jpg

As well as foxes we have these things, which weigh up to 40kg

Wombat.jpg

which live in these things

wombathole.jpg

I don,t know anyone who does it on purpose, but do know blokes who have lost large pighunting dogs down these holes. The holes can be tens of meters long and the pig dogs don,t have finding collars on.

Although they are herbivores, the wombats will crush a dog in self defense.

It would be a brave man(or one with a backhoe) that let his patt off the lead in wombat country.

I would think that if the lines are closely related then the blue is possilbly a recessive as Blue is a dilute of Black colouring in most breeds and if both parents are from close lines it may crop up , but I would be wary of mating blues together as there is a condition known as dilutiom alopecia in some breeds where the double bred dilutes lose some/most/all their coats due to the doubling up of the dilute gene

Dilte colours

Dilution Alopecia

Edited by Chaz
WELL URU ,

IF THEY ARE STILL WORKING WELL TO GROUND ......... THEY COULD BE PINK FOR ALL I CARE ,

THE BLUE COLOURATION SOMETIMES CALLED " DUN " IN ANIMALS OR BIRDS IS USUALLY CREATED FRON MATING A BLACK TO A WHITE , THE DUN IS A DILUTE FORM OF BROWN .............

OF COURSE IF THE LINE HAS BLUE BULL BLOOD IN ON BOTH SIDES OF THE MATING UP CLOSE , THE MATING WILL THROW BLUES ,

URU ................ WASNT IT YOU WHO A GOOD WHILE AGO PUT A NUTTAL DOG UP WITH YELLOW EYES ??? ......

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Nice one duckwing............Still telling it like it is mate.... ;)

All the best..

Taffy

Where you from Glen Loth

I know it is an extremely popular pass time to use terriers and to dig to them. No better way to spend a day to be sure.

I know nothing to do with Blue Patts. A good dog cant be a bad colour can it !!

Cheers and Beers

Marcos

Where you from Glen Loth

I know it is an extremely popular pass time to use terriers and to dig to them. No better way to spend a day to be sure.

I know nothing to do with Blue Patts. A good dog cant be a bad colour can it !!

Cheers and Beers

Marcos

Marcos, I currently live in the central tablelands of NSW but lived in the northwest for many years and have spent a lot of time in western Queensland. I have had hunting and working dogs for over thirty years and have never met or even heard of a dog digger in Aus. On some of the red ridge country I have worked on it can take two men a whole day to dig a couple of strainer post holes.I would be guessing you are from futher south, Victoria??.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Great looking dogs, where does the blue colour come from? Ive never seen a patt that colour before :thumbs:

Thank you sir,as far as the color,I don't know,we bred black to black out of blacks,and they appeared.I've been told maybe bedlington,lakeland?all further back.Also a friend said upon visiting Ireland years back,he saw blues.

craig

URU, i work terriers,just wondering where you are in the states because i visit new jersey twice a year and my cousins hubby goes to the states to give speeches for the jack russel club in the states

very nice dogs them mate, i have a patterdale off my own, shes 8 months old now, full breed. id be interested in putting a blue over my patt. shes very short an rough coat, il post a pic if i can do it.

FULL BREED?

WHY USE THE BLUE ,WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THE BITCH WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH TO LINE?WHAT MAKES YOU THINK URU WILL GIVE YOU THE SERVICE?

Paul would be more than welcome to breed if he truly wanted to.We would just have to figure out how,seeing how as I am in the USA

craig

I would think that if the lines are closely related then the blue is possilbly a recessive as Blue is a dilute of Black colouring in most breeds and if both parents are from close lines it may crop up , but I would be wary of mating blues together as there is a condition known as dilutiom alopecia in some breeds where the double bred dilutes lose some/most/all their coats due to the doubling up of the dilute gene

Dilte colours

Dilution Alopecia

I too have heard of this sir.I am not familiar w/ it(Thank GOD) as we have never experienced it.But we have never bred blue to blue.We breed them to work,and when and if they come out blue,we keep them.I have to say,honestly though,we have not had a blue that didn't work well yet

craig

URU, i work terriers,just wondering where you are in the states because i visit new jersey twice a year and my cousins hubby goes to the states to give speeches for the jack russel club in the states

I am in Michigan.It is the North/East of the US.I am a bit aways from New Jersey,but just a few states away.I am about 20 miles west of Detroit.Take care

craig

Sammy/C,

Thank you sir,

craig

Putting dogs down holes in the full knowledge you will have to dig it out is not a popular past time in Australia. Still, a nice dog is a nice dog and I reckon this one looks a cracker!!

bluediamond-1.jpg

As well as foxes we have these things, which weigh up to 40kg

Wombat.jpg

which live in these things

wombathole.jpg

I don,t know anyone who does it on purpose, but do know blokes who have lost large pighunting dogs down these holes. The holes can be tens of meters long and the pig dogs don,t have finding collars on.

Although they are herbivores, the wombats will crush a dog in self defense.

It would be a brave man(or one with a backhoe) that let his patt off the lead in wombat country.

Glen,

thank you sir,she is a good female.I have never seen a wombat.I imagine they are like a big groundhog?Groundhogs are herbivores,that are also capable of tearing a dog up in self defense.

craig