Our Blue Patterdales(Nuttall bred)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it a few years and these wil be the new choci drops £500 a pup

If it is up to us,these most definitely WILL NOT be the new fad,for high $$.As most of you know,breeding for color/looks,sacrifices the working,and it's not a fair trade to us.Sure,we could produce more blues if we like,but we keep most if not all that we have,so we aren't making any money on them.If we were breeding for looks,don't you think we would improve on the snipy head of some,like the Chuca cadbury the fellow poked fun at?(Actually,it's El Chupa Cabra,after the Goatsucker down in Mexico,cause this bitch will eat her prey if we don't get her off.She killed my wife's Boston terrier male,and by the time I had gotten there,had started to eat it.)So,I just put up some pictures to share,not get skewered over,

craig

Great looking dogs, where does the blue colour come from? Ive never seen a patt that colour before :thumbs:

Thank you sir,as far as the color,I don't know,we bred black to black out of blacks,and they appeared.I've been told maybe bedlington,lakeland?all further back.Also a friend said upon visiting Ireland years back,he saw blues.

craig

there looks to me like there is lots of staff in them and by the look of them its closer than u r makeing on lots of blue irish staffs but great looking dogs mate

Great looking dogs, where does the blue colour come from? Ive never seen a patt that colour before :thumbs:

Thank you sir,as far as the color,I don't know,we bred black to black out of blacks,and they appeared.I've been told maybe bedlington,lakeland?all further back.Also a friend said upon visiting Ireland years back,he saw blues.

craig

there looks to me like there is lots of staff in them and by the look of them its closer than u r makeing on lots of blue irish staffs but great looking dogs mate

Friend,

I'm making nothing,only stating facts.I owned the parents to the first set of blues.Both were black dogs,15lb female,17lb male.Their parents were blacks,both sets of which I saw.Before that,I don't know,yes,maybe there IS staff,but not that I have seen.I NEVER said there wasn't,I only stated about the dogs I seen,and knew.And,also,not in the generations after the first blues appeared.If you have read my posts,you will see I am open to suggestions as to WHERE the color came from.It is all moot really,as long as they continue to work with fire,I will continue to keep them.I was only making conversation,and asking for input from those who may have an idea.A fellow a few posts back,said a man in Scotland had a couple litters of blues.I said nothing of they were "superior"etc.just asked for comments as to where folks thought it might come from,

craig

craig

Friend,

I'm making nothing,only stating facts.I owned the parents to the first set of blues.Both were black dogs,15lb female,17lb male.Their parents were blacks,both sets of which I saw.Before that,I don't know,yes,maybe there IS staff,but not that I have seen.I NEVER said there wasn't,I only stated about the dogs I seen,and knew.And,also,not in the generations after the first blues appeared.If you have read my posts,you will see I am open to suggestions as to WHERE the color came from.It is all moot really,as long as they continue to work with fire,I will continue to keep them.I was only making conversation,and asking for input from those who may have an idea.A fellow a few posts back,said a man in Scotland had a couple litters of blues.I said nothing of they were "superior"etc.just asked for comments as to where folks thought it might come from,

PS:thanks for the kind words,although Chupa Cabra,is an ugly bitch,I admit,but she sure works with straight fire

craig

WELL URU ,

IF THEY ARE STILL WORKING WELL TO GROUND ......... THEY COULD BE PINK FOR ALL I CARE ,

THE BLUE COLOURATION SOMETIMES CALLED " DUN " IN ANIMALS OR BIRDS IS USUALLY CREATED FRON MATING A BLACK TO A WHITE , THE DUN IS A DILUTE FORM OF BROWN .............

OF COURSE IF THE LINE HAS BLUE BULL BLOOD IN ON BOTH SIDES OF THE MATING UP CLOSE , THE MATING WILL THROW BLUES ,

URU ................ WASNT IT YOU WHO A GOOD WHILE AGO PUT A NUTTAL DOG UP WITH YELLOW EYES ??? ......

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Duckwing,

Thank you for the straight input sir,minus the smart comments.And yes,they go to ground extremely well.Again, WE are pleased with them,I'm not asking anyone else to be.As far as the "Yellow-eyed" Nuttall dog,not that I am aware of sir,although the dog on my avatar has yellowish eyes,but he is a Booth dog.

craig

________________________________________________________________________________

I am surprised that you dont know whats in them from way back..........you yanks love a bit of paper more than Tuffty does..........lol

Sorry Tuffty, couldnt resist :laugh:

wilf,

Well I suppose the inability to read,does make a pedigree useless to one as yourself.Maybe if you're nice,in his spare time Tuffty, could teach you how to read.That is if he can talk slooow enough. :wallbash:

craig

Edited by uru

I see that you allso have a wonderfull sense of humour............your twisted a bit tight there UHU, lighten up..............not putting the dogs down, I am sure the dollars will be there whatever I say..........lol

I see that you allso have a wonderfull sense of humour............your twisted a bit tight there UHU, lighten up..............not putting the dogs down, I am sure the dollars will be there whatever I say..........lol

Wilf,

Just curious but if you ARE a WILF,then why do you have the "man-she" avatar?Didn't he "Silence the Lamb"? :hmm:

uru(like ooorooo.......not like yooohooo)