Does anyone know if a mobile phone thats locked to a particular network , will it say that on the phone its self, i remember having one yrs back that was locked to orange but it did say orange on the actual handset

Does that still apply now as i have a small samsung phone that came with a virgin sim card but i want to move to O2 is it worth me getting an O2 simcard & trying it

Thanks

Do you have someone else that can try a different SIM in the phone? Not neccessarily an O2, just a different network.

Normally phones that are locked to networks do have that network logo on them but its not always the case.

Three phones I have recently found out cannot be unlocked but any other network should be ok.

Failing that, do you have a little local phone shop? They could probably test it for you and then unlock if needed.

Having said that, when I was trying to unlock a phone for my mum the other week I came acroos loads of websites that give you the codes free to unlock various models. You could try that, it shouldn't harm the phone if its already unlocked.

I did have a load of O2 sims from when they did their free offer, they sent me 4 instead of 1. If I can find one you are welcome to it. :thumbs:

Failing that, do you have a little local phone shop? They could probably test it for you and then unlock if needed.

Having said that, when I was trying to unlock a phone for my mum the other week I came acroos loads of websites that give you the codes free to unlock various models. You could try that, it shouldn't harm the phone if its already unlocked.

I did have a load of O2 sims from when they did their free offer, they sent me 4 instead of 1. If I can find one you are welcome to it. :thumbs:

Oh cheers missie :thumbs: i will probably end up buying yet another phone :laugh:

Oh cheers missie :thumbs: i will probably end up buying yet another phone :laugh:

I have the one that I used for a while but i'll see if I have any of the unused ones left. I think the old one may still have some credit too.

all phone can be unlocked for a small charge so if it doesent work with your 02 card pop down the local phone shop and they will unlock it to work any simm

johnny :thumbs:

Oh ok i didnt realise you could do that :thumbs:

Guest manda

Hi kay. my handset was o2 but my virgin sim went straight in it, but back on o2 now p&g much better. i have four o2 sims as o2 keep sending us them ive give away about 8 lol if missie cannot find hers i can send you a couple of mine, no good to us.

Hi kay. my handset was o2 but my virgin sim went straight in it, but back on o2 now p&g much better. i have four o2 sims as o2 keep sending us them ive give away about 8 lol if missie cannot find hers i can send you a couple of mine, no good to us.

Thats very good of you, i am fed up of virgin , and i text a lot & it eats the credit :thumbs:

Thats very good of you, i am fed up of virgin , and i text a lot & it eats the credit :thumbs:

You should try orange. The wife is on a pay as you go tariff that gives you 300 free texts a month, for every £10 you put in.