Favourite authors?

The town I live in is in the world record books for being the first place to be officially twinned with a fictional town/city Ankh-Morkpork! (Terry Pratchett's Discworld) they have a gathering every year when everyone dresses as a Discworld character, drinking into the wee hours, eats dibbler sausages and playing THUD.

Terry has been diagnosed with Alzheimers disease, although he recon's he has a few books left in him yet!

Reading Stephen Kings 'The Dark Tower' series at the moment. some of the books are really quite good, others you read just so you don't lose the plot for the next one.

I'd never really been into war stories, real or fictional until I read Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. A very very good read :good: also the factual based story of a British Cavalry horse during WW1 although the name of the book eludes me, sorry.

Another good book I was given 'Pillar's of the Earth' by Ken Follet suprised me, it's about the building of the cathedral in Kingsbridge and the characters who build it. didn't sound too exciting but started to read it anyway then couldn't put it down.

'Earth's Children' series by Jean M. Auel are worth reading just for the archaeological and paleontological research that went into the making of the books let alone the storyline!!!

Favourite book - The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks.

I'm amazed the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown hasn't appeared at all? controversial fictional (some people forget!!!) book, opened a lot of people's eye's about the church and Religion as a whole.

A lot of Author's I've never heard of being mentioned, so will be looking into some further thank you.

Good topic Stabs. :good:

Cheers

Luke

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greengrass123

Company H Sam Watkins. Cretan runner George Psychoundakis. The jungle is neutral F Spencer Chapman. Death in the long grass Peter Hathaway Capstick. And a book called devils guard cant recall the author. :victory: