New Gun FAQ

We're getting a lot of new members asking what gun to buy and what's the best etc etc.

No problem in that at all it's just that a lot of the same stuff is getting recycled and all the posts are reading the same.

So how about an air rifle FAQ or some kind of buying guide for a sticky?

What do you reckon?

What should be included in this sort of comprehensive guide? I'll compile all the good ideas into a post and sticky it to the forum for anyone/everyone to browse at their leisure.

Sure it won't stop newbies coming in and asking the same question but a link is much easier to type than spending hours writing it all out to find that they're not visiting the forum anyway.

What do you think?

Maybe we could come up with some sort of user reviews for people interested in buying a new gun. Maybe come up with a points score for certain things, eg. acuracy, handling, weight, value for money, etc. That way, people could browse and they'd at least have something to go on.

Another one that crops up regualy is the age old .177 or .22 debate. It's one that will never be fully answered, but a sticky thread giving the pros & cons of both might be a good idea. :thumbs:

Good ideas!

I think rifle reviews are separate from an FAQ but if you've got a burning desire to review a product and not pull any punches then write away!

That's what we're here for.

Anything that improves the quality of the forum has got to be a good thing and decent rifle review would be far better than some of the sniping comments that have been made, in other sections.

Good idea! for all those who are new to the sport or simply returning after a few years out a "one stop shop" that will give a "unbiased view" of all new/tried & tested airguns or pellets taking into account all of the comments posted by forum users who have had the experiance of the products in the field. Don't envy you Chris as I think it will be a mamoth task but you will have the backing of all who use this site, good luck.

We'll start basic and add to it... it'll be a work in progress and I'm sure our valued contributors wouldn't mind chipping in to decorate the forum with a bit of info?

So basics...

Budget?

Rifle?

Scope?

Mounts?

Calibre?

Anything else?

We'll start basic and add to it... it'll be a work in progress and I'm sure our valued contributors wouldn't mind chipping in to decorate the forum with a bit of info?

So basics...

Budget?

Rifle?

Scope?

Mounts?

Calibre?

Anything else?

Springers..PCP

.....I wish you the best with this Chris, as someone else said this is going to be a mammoth and probably thankless task! I have no idea how you are going to lay it out but surely there needs to be some element of review contained otherwise you will end up with things like "I have a Chinese ***** and it only cost £15 brand new and its brilliant"

ATB..you are braver man than me taking this one on! :thumbs: