PELLET CHOICE

tote

Okay lads I'm looking for some advice.I've just bought a s410k in .177 and would like to know what pellets you lads that have the same gun use.I use Crossman Accupel in my s410k .22 calibre and find them spot on.

When I bought the gun I was also given a tin of Air Arms Field pellets,this is the first time I've seen or used them.I can't believe how many of these pellets have damaged skirts,I'm not talking about small dinks in the skirts,some are hexagonal shaped. :no:

I spoke to someone at the Air Arms offices and was told they must have been damaged in transit,but I wasn't to worry about them as they'd still shoot the same. :hmm: He told me the pressure of the air behind the pellet would shove the skirt back into shape. :hmm:

Well off I went for a zeroing session and had 1cm grouping with 5 good pellets at 35 yards. :) Next I tried 5 damaged pellets and not one of them hit the 1cm circle. :no:

Can I ask if anybody else has had bother with the quality of AA Field pellets as it has definately put me off them.And also what pellet would you recommend for the .177 s410k.

Never had any problems with AA pellets but sometimes duff batches work through and on to the market.

I've always stuck with Accupells, F&T Trophy and RWS Hollowpoints. I believe Mr Darcy swears by RWS Hobby if memory serves. Try a couple of different brands and see how they work.

Never had a bad tin yet :whistling: .22 AA Field.I prep my pellets to remove the swarf any skirts that have the odd bit of damage i chuck them.I also keep them in a pellet pouch around the waist to stop any damage,bits of crap getting stuck on them.... :gunsmilie:

JSB exacts for me. They are available in slightly different sizes from 4.51 to 4.53 I think. They are a very popular FT and HFT pellet.

AA fields are almost the exact same pellet.

There used to be a small tool for reshaping pellets but i'm not sure where you would get one now.

As has been said before try a few different makes and see what suits best.

Regards,

Ian.