First two rats

Shot my first two rats this weekend, didnt have a chance to take a snap of them my pat pup mangled them:P

i shot a monster and a tiny one, there is two babys and another monster left lurking though. they were only shot at about 15-20 yrds both. they are coming into my graden from my neighbours decking they are coming here because i got ducks and they are pinching thier food little bast$ards. there is a little run from my beighbours gate to my gate and around my glasshouse and into the duck pen. so i though i would chuck some smelly grub up this week get them confident on feeding they were fast grabbing it and running off they were a little weary because it was a bit out in the open and it was hard to get a spot on kill shot so i put it closer to cover where they felt a little safe the big un was watching me sit there patienly and i put the cross hairs inbetween his eyes and let it rip, i just smacked him centre inbetween the eyes but he just droped nothing no squeeling no jumping nothing he was a monster when i went to pick him up the terrier got thier before me i was expecting kicking and screaming but nothing.The next day the rats were back and there where a few little criters this time one big un 3 small ones they where on thier toes this time and where hiding under rocks and sticking thier heads up one was just peeping round the corner where he though i couldnt see him bang plugged him throuh the eye out the other side, but again there was nothing lots of blood, no squeeling or jumping does this usualy happen when you shoot rats ?

thanks for reading my story if you was botherd to read it all lads, i will keep you up to date on how i deal with the rest. :gunsmilie:

Nice one. :thumbs: It's always fun to hit a few off with a couple of well placed pellets, but if you start seeing them in any numbers, get a pest controller in. If they're all coming from your neighbours, have a word. It's fun shooting them, but you have to be carefull with the disease ridden little b******s.

thanks boys, i was thining of a new air rifle myself at the moment got a gamo aint to bad nock a few crows off pigeons and these are my two rats:)

the shot i do take are fairly close all about 20 yards it is zeroed into 20 yards but i have been thinking about the new s200 not to sure yet because this i doing the job with me,

if they do carry on i will have to call pest controller:)

ooh it is a right laugh shooting them nice to actualy put my skill into practice on somthing rather than birds.

also shot a pest jackdoor mobbing the ducks earlier i watched him for a bit think hes after thier eggs so when he was sitting on the fence of the duck pen nice head shot but there was a lot of flapping :p

Edited by Adam-RunningDog
"rat scum"?!?! "dem rats"?!?!? WTF is going on??? :wallbash:

Why whats your problem mate?

Dont like fieldsportsmen being portrayed as blood thirsty and childish. i find it embarassing as in the eyes of the world we all get lumped together. Think before you post.

Dont like fieldsportsmen being portrayed as blood thirsty and childish. i find it embarassing as in the eyes of the world we all get lumped together. Think before you post.

Mate iam only trying to have a bit of fun. The story above was a cool and reminded me of many rat shoots I have been on. I think you need to lighten up a bit mate. I understand that we all have to represent the sport in an appropriate manner but I think you are taking it a bit far with that comment!! I do not wish to argue but try and understand that I was only having a bit of fun.!! :D:D

Edited by LOGUNSOLO177

Mate iam only trying to have a bit of fun. The story above was a cool and reminded me of many rat shoots I have been on. I think you need to lighten up a bit mate. I understand that we all have to represent the sport in an appropriate manner but I think you are taking it a bit far with that comment!! I do not wish to argue but try and understand that I was only having a bit of fun.!! :D:D

Fair do's mate. i dont think of our quarry as scum and i spell "them" with a "th" not a "d" but the world would be a boring place if we were all the same. Lets leave it at that. Good hunting.

Fair do's mate. i dont think of our quarry as scum and i spell "them" with a "th" not a "d" but the world would be a boring place if we were all the same. Lets leave it at that. Good hunting.

Yea mate sounds good to me!!! Glad we can agree!!

as theres no mod, moderating this section, this post slipped past me, so I'll just add to all the past posters, remember this is a NO text talking site, in future any post spotted with text talk in them will get deleated and earn the member a warning :thumbdown: