scopes help

im getting the s410 walnut .need help with scopes .

i had many years ago a bsa lighting with a hawk warmint scope , i remember i could only just cock the gun ..lol

now im getting a s410 would a varmint scope be ok ?????

what do you guys think please let me no :drink::drink:

im getting the s410 walnut .need help with scopes .

i had many years ago a bsa lighting with a hawk warmint scope , i remember i could only just cock the gun ..lol

now im getting a s410 would a varmint scope be ok ?????

what do you guys think please let me no :drink::drink:

Hi Mate whats your budget and what kind of shooting do you do?

im putting my own kit together looking for cheep place for gun . but for gun walnut stock ,silencer , scope thinking of 600 mark . or is this impossible

any body no any cheep places im getting scope when i decide from optics ware house ...????

Have a look here mate they arnt the best build quality but i have one and it works fine.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/cgi-bin/jsr.cg...=/SM/SM_jsr.HTM

The Hawke/Deben range of scopes are decent quality with a good choices for any budget across the range.When i got back into airgunning i put a Hawke Pro Stalker 3-9x50 on it without any probs but make sure you buy good quality mounts for your scope.I bought a Nikon Monarch 6.5-20x44ag scope last spring when i had saved up enough pennies & i don,t think i will ever change it,fantastic optic :gunsmilie:

The Hawke range of scopes is very wide and offers something for virtually everyone. Overall value for money of them all is pretty good BUT there is a variation of quality.

The Hawke Varmint2 is a very good scope for the money and definately worth considering. Also don't forget the Nikko's, some of them are very good VFM as well!

Check out

http://www.opticswarehouse.com/acatalog/index.html

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Try looking at the Bushnell Legend / Sportsman series of scopes, also the excellent MTC Viper / Mamba range for their stunning optics and reticle. If you can afford £200 on a scope, you will get an excellent one. I started off with a Hawke SR6 3-12 x 44 scope for about £150 and it was very good for me.

I have tried many scopes over the years some cheap and some very expensive and until last year would'nt think twice on lashing out £150 quid plus on a set of scopes, but a very experianced shooting friend of mine told me to try JS Ramsbottoms. Just as Logunsolo177 has stated so I gave them a try last October and ordered myself a set of JSR Pro Illuminated 6-24x50 Mil Dot Ao, designed for Airguns, Rimfires & Firearms AO - crystall clear from 10 yards to infinity, unique zero locking, zero reset turrets, etched glass reticle system, fully coated camera lens throughout fogproof & waterproof, supplied with flip up lens covers + 75mm sunshade all for £100 quid and let me tell you I have not been dissapointed since I fitted them. I know they are not in the same league as Bushnell, Simmons etc for build quality but in my opinion the set I purchased were well worth the money, won't cost you anything to check out their website and might just save you a couple of quid in the process.

Hope this helps

Coney.

thanks guys i might go fac one day .

and i need a rifle out fit which is going to last many years to come ,due to wife she holds them perce strings tight the b.... lol

the out fit is 565 for beach stock add £50 for walnut .they put a hawk 4-12x40 fast focus on there worth £50 but will let me upgrade so only need to add another 60 or 70 get good scope .

any body got any good picks showing what scope outfit you got give me idea what a nice long scope will look like on s410 .

what is most power full scope to go for with the 12ftp rifle ?

That is impossible to answer as people have their own individual preferences.

I know one guy who insists on using 24x mag all the time shooting bunnies at 20 yards with his 12 ft lb. Now I think thats is crazy but he likes it!

I tend to use 6X day and night, hunting and target on air rifle, rimfire and centrefire up to about 200 yards. If I'm down the range on a bipod at 200 or more yards I may push it up to 10X or maybe 12X, it suits me fine. 3 weeks ago I took the heart clean out of a bunny at 179yards at 02.00 on a misty morning, up to my ankles in mud leaning of a wet metal farm gate at 6.5X. You don't need 10X, 20X or 30X mag, you need what YOU want!

Edited by Deker