collie x grayhound

what age is that dog, and is he the son of your ole dog or is he the father to your three qaurter bred , when i bred luke to a greyhound they turned out between 23 to 26 bitches 23to 24 and dogs 25 to 26 one turned like a strong big greyhound whippet a cracker some turned what i wanted and some turned out more greyhound they all had prey drive and good retreivers d slieght took home three to guys who wanted them, and i got good reports so just trying to keep my line going , buddy
that old dog will be 11 thise june. he is conected to the choclet dog but thro there grande parent which was a collie hankock had by the name of roufes the red.

my mate has a bitch about a year old he bought off hancock 3/4 grey 1/4 collie,merle and white,prettiest bitch i ever saw and very good on rabbits already.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie from his puppy farm at Home. I took her on a 5 months from someone, after the damage had been done.

She is a great looking lurhcer, and very determined when running.........but her brain is "out there".......and not focused on me, so she is hard work whenever we are out..........She is four now and just settling.

I cant blame hancock for this......i more the previous owner :hmm: ........but her temperment is sound and she is no trouble to keep.....

....so here a couple of pics as requested.

For me, its too racy a collie cross with no coat.....but each to their own.....i do like the stamp of STORM belonging to W.H.

bluewatch.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg

In my opinion i don't care if handcocks breeding the best workers in the world i still wouldn't buy one because he is a PEDDLER..... just out to make money, iv seen his kennels and they wasn't as bad as i expected but still, the stud dogs where wild in small kennels and you could see its rare that they see or have any socialization with humans. They stunk :yes: and looked in shite condition really.....all fat and in no shape at all.....look like and act like they have never seen a lead. By buying a handcock pup your suporting a pedler, The dogs are not just un proven workers they have no life at all they just rot in kennels and knock out litters.

Witton

We have a3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie from his puppy farm at Home. I took her on a 5 months from someone, after the damage had been done.

She is a great looking lurhcer, and very determined when running.........but her brain is "out there".......and not focused on me, so she is hard work whenever we are out..........She is four now and just settling.

I cant blame hancock for this......i more the previous owner :hmm: ........but her temperment is sound and she is no trouble to keep.....

....so here a couple of pics as requested.

For me, its too racy a collie cross with no coat.....but each to their own.....i do like the stamp of STORM belonging to W.H.

bluewatch.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg

As you said each to there own because i like your bitch and that is the way i like collie xs to be :thumbs:

:D .........I've never thought of her legs as spindly.....just her whole frame racy....as is her brain!!! and at 25/1/2 inches, she suffers on the turn....not conclusive to a good bunny bagger!!

IMG_4159.jpg

But still ok ;)

This is my type of collie cross.......with a few pounds weight taken off ;).........23 inches, solid and fast

dec07010.jpg:D

:D .........I've never thought of her legs as spindly.....just her whole frame racy....as is her brain!!! and at 25/1/2 inches, she suffers on the turn....not conclusive to a good bunny bagger!!

IMG_4159.jpg

But still ok ;)

This is my type of collie cross.......with a few pounds weight taken off ;).........23 inches, solid and fast

dec07010.jpg:D

Like the mark of that bottom dog, what's the breeding of it???

thanks

Like the mark of that bottom dog, what's the breeding of it???

thanks

A long line of different collie greys in the mixer, but all of known back ground ;) She is 4 years now and lives mith my dad. About 30% collie the rest grey hound.

I am running her aunt at the minute, but keep offering my dad a home for this little beaut he has :whistling: ....he says "no boy!"

:icon_eek: Crazy colours there Rabbit Slayer... :clapper:

A bit of nostalgia is good for the soul tia..kins.... ;)

color]

I've been caught dreaming again........ :clapper:

Still, maybe i have the makings...Tiamarknet.jpg......

........if i can get the rest of the ingredients right :hmm:

its funny you either like them or not i wouldnt own another merle and some a re buetiful i prefer solid coulors collie markedor plain black or red , chalkie likes merles , for me memoeries of the puppy farm never been back there and cringe when i think of the sqaulor , mind you several people breed merles not just hanckocks but i always will remeber them with sqaulor att the puppy farm very emotional for me lookin back he connned me and many others but thats was nearly twenty years ago all the best to all dogs and men who walk the line

I'm with you whin, i went to his kennels some 12 months ago and i admit they were not as bad as i expected after reading up about his kennels on forums. But they were still not upto scratch. The thing that stops me from going there is that the studs and dams have no life, there just rotting away in kennels getting a litter bred out of em every time they break down. Not only are they not worked at all he does nothing with em, they don't have any freedom at all its the doggy equivalent to prison and its no life for a running dog to be penned up in a concrete kennel all its life. Iv seen a handcock pup turn into a handy dog and iv also seen one that is pretty useless. I still would never ever hand my cash over to him. By going to him your supporting him and keeping his business goin.......the longer its going the longer he is going to be peddling shite and the longer there is dogs sat rotting away in his kennels just so he can make a dollar.

Witton

of course and any merle dog you see welll it is advertising for him i no whats its like to spend a winter and summer penned up no good to man nor beast, i like the pale red merles if any but rare , but in general the silvers theblues blacks, when i went there e in the late eighties it stunk, its changed now probaly, but when you listen to plumms hancks crap as ajuvenile and grow up to be a decent dog man and travel a bit you realise they are just double glazing companies qauntity not qaulity , but it must be hard to get good collie crosses now dont no many who breed them now true lines and decent all rounders all the best