Ratting with Floyd: end of the shoots

Floyd was kind enough to invite us back out ratting on his permission again this year, at the end of the shoots. We had planned to go yesterday, but the day was postponed and instead we went today, of all the places to spend St Valentines day I couldnt think of anything better than a bit of ratting :D

The keepers had promised that they had seen hundreds and thousands of big rats, the size of cats, you know how it goes! Well I think they might have exaggerated a bit, as there seemed to be less around than last year, on the particular spots we went to; still there were still a few about and we had some good sport with the dogs.

We'd only been there minutes when they got their first catch - that was Floyds tea sorted :D

Parts of the day were slow as we travelled round various places of the shoot, seeing what was about, and other times it was very fast

DSC_0014-6.jpg

Floyds dog Fenn accompanied us today

DSC_0021-3.jpg

DSC_0142-2.jpg

and we had the usuals, Ellie, Dottie, Bear, Daisy and Lily, no Rosie for the moment but a couple more weeks and she will be back out.

DSC_0026-7.jpg

DSC_0032-4.jpg

DSC_0033-4.jpg

DSC_0042-4.jpg

DSC_0045-4.jpg

DSC_0046-2.jpg

Lily, the pup is getting more confident each time she goes out and she really got into the swing of it all today, alongside her mam.

DSC_0056-4.jpg

DSC_0057-2.jpg

DSC_0060-3.jpg

DSC_0139-2.jpg

A few runs

DSC_0047-3.jpg

DSC_0048-4.jpg

DSC_0049-3.jpg

DSC_0050-6.jpg

DSC_0052-7.jpg

DSC_0053-5.jpg

some dug

DSC_0068-3.jpg

DSC_0070-3.jpg

DSC_0075-4.jpg

surveying one of the game crops

DSC_0097-5.jpg

Daisy, the smallest of our terriers

DSC_0102-3.jpg

DSC_0111-1.jpg

DSC_0176-1.jpg

Fenn

DSC_0112.jpg

catches in the crops - we stumbled on some rats that just seemed to jump out of nowhere, they must have been out feeding, so there was absolute mayhem for a few minutes with rats running around all over and dogs dashing about, along with one or two of us, no names mentioned :D

DSC_0118-4.jpg

DSC_0121-3.jpg

DSC_0122-5.jpg

DSC_0123-5.jpg

DSC_0128-2.jpg

DSC_0131-3.jpg

DSC_0136-1.jpg

DSC_0138-2.jpg

DSC_0144-4.jpg

DSC_0170-2.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0195-3.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

Had a fantastic day Floyd, thanks again for the invite, we will see you again very soon :D :wavetowel2:

DSC_0216-2.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fantastic shots there, and some gorgeous dogs too...........

i'm out this afternoon..... i'll be taking the cam too.

Looks like you had a really good day, nice looking dogs, out tomorrow to look for some ratting permission, Hereford, Kington area. Hopefully get something, will try to get some pics of my dogs up soon.

well....... i'm glad i had the cam,, 1 rat jumped and ran.. i legged, running after it, as it ran out into open grass.... the dogs ran other way though,,, so i were slinging spade, planks of wood.. and owt else near bye... and i missed it.... :clapper:

the 2 dogs had a few though... 8 in all... and a further 8 got away... that was our downfall.... only went with 2 dogs... both pups... buty eager to learn.

DSCF1205.jpg

Milo's first........

DSCF1204.jpg

DSCF1206.jpg

me in blue fleece...............................

DSCF1210.jpg

DSCF1212.jpg

DSCF1213.jpg

a great 2 hrs ............