why??

Guest ferretfinder

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in the same situation many times when I've had mine on the lead. I've had dogs come racing up to mine and I've shouted for the owners to get them on the f*cking lead. The response is always the same...."don't worry they are friendly"................well I'm f*****g sorry, but mine aren't, that's why they are on a lead.

If your dogs are off the lead then it's your problem as it wouldn't happen if they were under control.

Thing is I think many of us have been in this situation with strange dogs and it can be slightly annoying :realmad: , down the river the other night when I see a guy in the distance with a terrier and three other dogs so I put mine on leads, the old bitch and young dog are fine and the older male ignores them if left alone. Anyway to cut a long story short this tosser's dog runs 4 hundred yards and starts grumbling and snapping at my dogs arses. Had a few "words" at distance about controlling his dog and eventually it returned. The guy had no leads with him and had to hold four growling dogs in a bear hug, then when i get near him he has the cheek to be sarky asking if this was alright by me. :realmad: Told the cheeky bugger to invest in a lead or next time his dogs would be taking a swim in the trent.

Cognitive Dissonance 

Cognitive dissonance is a psychological phenomenon which refers to the discomfort felt at a discrepancy between what you already know or believe, and new information or interpretation. It therefore occurs when there is a need to accommodate new ideas, and it may be necessary for it to develop so that we become "open" to them. Neighbour (1992) makes the generation of appropriate dissonance into a major feature of tutorial (and other) teaching: he shows how to drive this kind of intellectual wedge between learners' current beliefs and "reality".

Beyond this benign if uncomfortable aspect, however, dissonance can go "over the top", leading to two interesting side-effects for learning:

if someone is called upon to learn something which contradicts what they already think they know — particularly if they are committed to that prior knowledge — they are likely to resist the new learning. Even Carl Rogers recognised this. Accommodation is more difficult than Assimilation, in Piaget's terms.             

and—counter-intuitively, perhaps—if learning something has been difficult, uncomfortable, or even humiliating enough, people are less likely to concede that the content of what has been learned is useless, pointless or valueless. To do so would be to admit that one has been "had", or "conned".

On cognitive dissonance and sour grapes

A more formal account

Cognitive dissonance was first investigated by Leon Festinger and associates, arising out of a participant observation study of a cult which believed that the earth was going to be destroyed by a flood, and what happened to its members — particularly the really committed ones who had given up their homes and jobs to work for the cult — when the flood did not happen. While fringe members were more inclined to recognise that they had made fools of themselves and to "put it down to experience", committed members were more likely to re-interpret the evidence to show that they were right all along (the earth was not destroyed because of the faithfulness of the cult members).

:11:  :11:  sorry I had to look it up....

f****n hell swan for a minuite then i thought brian plummer had been reincarnated!!! :11: :11: :11:

Guest terrierbullpit

ime gona try and word this as best i can !!!! lets see now . to me i like to take my dogs for a walk mostly on the non comon dog walks ie like to places whare no one els walks there dogs ! now to me taking the dogs for a walk means taking the dogs for a walk and let them free run off of there leads ! is this wrong ? no . if you ask me its not worth taking a dog for a walk without letting it run free for what ever time you see fit ! now if i had my dogs off there leads and running free and they met in with a person walking there dogs on leads i would be right in there leading up my dogs , but if i got lip when doing so i would most likely let my dogs stay off of the there teather sit them down and walk upto you and smack yer teath outa yer f*****g head , while doing this my dogs would still be sitting whare i told them to sit , i must stress this would not aply to a woman , i would just let my dogs rip theres to bits and watch there face as they regret giving me lip , now all this actions for the sake of a few freindly words !!!! cmon dogs here !!!! sory about that [bANNED TEXT] ! its ok no problem ! END OF !! to much messers out there if you ask me ! NOW THATS MY RANT OVER :realmad: :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: now i feal better :black eye: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :guitar:

ime gona try and word this as best i can !!!! lets see now . to me i like to take my dogs for a walk mostly on the non comon dog walks ie like to places whare no one els walks there dogs ! now to me taking the dogs for a walk means taking the dogs for a walk and let them free run off of there leads ! is this wrong ? no . if you ask me its not worth taking a dog for a walk without letting it run free for what ever time you see fit ! now if i had my dogs off there leads and running free and they met in with a person walking there dogs on leads i would be right in there leading up my dogs , but if i got lip when doing so i would most likely let my dogs stay off of the there teather sit them down  and walk upto you and smack yer teath outa yer f*****g head , while doing this my dogs would still be sitting whare i told them to sit , i must stress this would not aply to a woman , i would just let my dogs rip theres to bits and watch there face as they regret giving me lip , now all this actions for the sake of a few freindly words !!!! cmon dogs here !!!! sory about that [bANNED TEXT] ! its ok no problem ! END OF !! to much messers out there if you ask me ! NOW THATS MY RANT OVER  :realmad:  :yahoo:  now i feal better 

Someones been on the Iron Brewwwwww !!!!

:11: :D :11: :D :11: :D :11: :D :11: