Couple of days back at serious dusk.

Picture taken the following morning, a young Vixen, and just in case you are wondering she was not in the family way, just the bullet path through her and the damage causing some swelling by the morning.

Taken in a very boggy field at 170 yards with a HP, the thump on cantact was incredible but the boom seemed to take forever to get back to me!

post-10759-1202483670_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deker

Picture taken the following morning, a young Vixen, and just in case you are wondering she was not in the family way, just the bullet path through her and the damage causing some swelling by the morning.

Taken in a very boggy field at 170 yards with a HP, the thump on cantact was incredible but the boom seemed to take forever to get back to me!

nice shooting. is that a 223 or a 22/250 tikka mate ?

Hi Everyone, thanks for the comments/questions...lets see what I can do...

First.... the gun is a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in .223

Second..she was sitting looking at me at a slight angle..the bullet went in her left chest and came out just above her back right leg having gone diagonally right through her. Droped on the spot. Site was a large Livery in Berkshire.

Third... the ammo is Wolf 55g HP...very cheap at £18 per 100 but works a treat for me, 12 days ago whilst shooting in Devon I took the heart clean out of a bunny 02.00 in the morniing at 179 yards whilst standing up to my ankles in mud (witnessed by my 2 shooting partners who were holding the lamps for me)...yep...I was pleased with that one as well!

Cheers All

Deker

PS for..... Ditch_Shitter...thats the Harris on the front although I actually took this girl leaning on a good firm farm fence!

Edited by Deker

Third... the ammo is Wolf 55g HP...very cheap at £18 per 100 but works a treat for me, 12 days ago whilst shooting in Devon I took the heart clean out of a bunny 02.00 in the morniing at 179 yards whilst standing up to my ankles in mud (witnessed by my 2 shooting partners who were holding the lamps for me)...yep...I was pleased with that one as well!

Cheers All

Deker

Well what can i say, you seem to be liking this long shooting game mate, the bunny was a good shot :thumbs: i will have to polish up on my long range shot for next time. :gunsmilie:

Nice looking vixen Deker.

Cheers All

Deker

Well what can i say, you seem to be liking this long shooting game mate, the bunny was a good shot :thumbs: i will have to polish up on my long range shot for next time. :gunsmilie:

Nice looking vixen Deker.

Hi OS

Yep seems that way, I'm always pleased when the long ones come off but to be honest I like to get as close as I can generally.

Anyway...as a lamp holding buddy on the Devon shot you will know I was pleased, I think Miles was beginning to think he was heading for No 1 in the family... "good shot Dad" with more than a little disbelief in his voice! We all shot well that day and I think your 100 yard bunny with the rimmy at the end was a cracker! Thanks for the PM :thumbs:

That the one from Wheatlands mate?

Yep!

Been out tonight, only about 2 -3 miles from there with another pal, 4 FOXES, and I was being the good guy with the lamp...he missed the lot; simply one of those Barn Door days, but it was all I could do to stop jumping up and down with frustration as my tools were in the boot!

Still.... that's 4 left for me next time! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Hey Deker well done, but why dont you post on bbs ? bigrifle

Hey Deker well done, but why dont you post on bbs ? bigrifle

i guess its because if you post anything to do with hunting & killing on bbs, the cock knockers ban you :wallbash::wallbash: