On 11/04/2024 at 07:44, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Used to find loads when we were kids in the mud on the River Avon as well as clay pipes and codd bottles, being kids we used to just smash them up especially the codd bottles to get the marble out. Understanding the history behind them now makes me feel a little ashamed.     

Did you ever find any bullets mate my cousins lived by the lamps and we used to siv the mud in an old soil riddle and find loads often five or six together on plastic clips think they were the ends of the belts that fed the guns on the planes as they followed the river up to bomb Bristol 

• Like 1
On 12/04/2024 at 19:47, Greyman said:

Did you ever find any bullets mate my cousins lived by the lamps and we used to siv the mud in an old soil riddle and find loads often five or six together on plastic clips think they were the ends of the belts that fed the guns on the planes as they followed the river up to bomb Bristol 

Probably did mate but never paid any attention to them always after the marbles in the bottle. Did get stuck in the mud over at Pill once managed to drag myself out but was absolutely covered in it got one of the biggest bollockings of my life off my Dad.  

• Haha 1