Somewhere between Christmas and New year, I picked up a catty for the first time since being a kid. In the hunt for accuracy, Ive tried five different frame widths,  numerous band sets, ammo sizes, TTF, OTT etc. and I've finally got my first kill today.

Wasp Wolf, precise .6mm yellow bands, 100mm active length, 19/11mm taper. 8mm steel ammo. Took a pigeon off a lamp post at about 15 yards. Over the moon.

Also picked up a new knife today. We'll see how it holds its edge

20240314_163856.jpg

20240314_164036.jpg

20240314_171225.jpg

• Like 8

In all fairness Tats its a lovely frame. I've got some TTF frames which fit my hand better but I can't quite get accurate enough with them. I like pinch grip but I've been shooting this with a thumb brace.

I've got one other OTT frame which fits perfectly but it's wrap and tuck type which is fine but with the tapers I've been shooting, the bands don't last me a week and always seem to go at the worst times. Atleast with the clip type I can swap them out on the go within a minute.

Out of all the stuff I get up to, going out with the catty and dog is my favourite, I think it's the simplicity I enjoy and the fact you can just throw it in your pocket in certain places 😆 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, terryd said:

Nice it’s huge challenge and rewarding plus good meal if you fancy it 

It's certainly a steep learning curve and very rewarding, you're right. 

The ferrets had yesterday's kill but I do enjoy pigeon when cooked right. Here's two from last month, taken with the shotgun though. 

Screenshot_20240315-083859_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20240315-083910_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20240315-083915_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20240315-083920_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, lampingboy said:

In all fairness Tats its a lovely frame. I've got some TTF frames which fit my hand better but I can't quite get accurate enough with them. I like pinch grip but I've been shooting this with a thumb brace.

I've got one other OTT frame which fits perfectly but it's wrap and tuck type which is fine but with the tapers I've been shooting, the bands don't last me a week and always seem to go at the worst times. Atleast with the clip type I can swap them out on the go within a minute.

Out of all the stuff I get up to, going out with the catty and dog is my favourite, I think it's the simplicity I enjoy and the fact you can just throw it in your pocket in certain places 😆 

You have hit the nail on the head mate with the word simplicity. I walk through a lot of woodland that's open to the public and shoot squirrels when nobody is about and the people who i pass especially when I've got a pair of binos around my neck would never know i had an implement in my pocket that was thinning the grey squirrels out unlike if i had an airgun in my hands that would end up with the same members of the public probably giving the police a call..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

You have hit the nail on the head mate with the word simplicity. I walk through a lot of woodland that's open to the public and shoot squirrels when nobody is about and the people who i pass especially when I've got a pair of binos around my neck would never know i had an implement in my pocket that was thinning the grey squirrels out unlike if i had an airgun in my hands that would end up with the same members of the public probably giving the police a call..

I agree, and with the world ever changing I don't see it getting any easier to get out and about.