New gun not too far away.

I applied for a variation on my firearms ticket to allow me to buy a .25 fac air rifle which as some of you know I have really missed having in my hunting life and whilst my .22 fac Wildcat is a great gun, I NEED a .25 again.  Well my ticket came through on Saturday so I am ready to go and buy one other than the win on the lotto that would be quite helpful 🙄🤣, it is in my mind to move on my Tikka .22lr and my Sako Quad  hmr / wmr because the .25 will be totally fed on slugs (not the slimy ones) so I am not so sure I need the rimfire rifles now.  A trip to Pickering Guns is on the cards soon.

Phil

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Boss-Hog said:

theirs 2.5 rapid on gun trader cheap [BANNED TEXT]

I used to own a Rapid .22 fac but I don't think I would go that route now but thanks for the heads up on that.

• 3 weeks later...

The new FX DRS has hit the shops, my buddy has bought a .177, I was under the impression that this model would only be available in sub 12 but on one of the facebook groups, a couple of guys said they have ordered DRS fac version. If this is correct and not some pillock at the Sportsman Gun Centre saying they can get an fac version, then at about £750, it will be half the cost of any other models in the FX stable.

Has anyone heard if fac versions are coming out.

Phil

Just checked the FX website and the .25 is only available in fac which is good BUT limited number of shots per fill and no regulator is perhaps a step too far from what I want so I will now start to look for a s/h Crown / Maverick / Wildcat BT / Impact.  Mine and my pal's Mk1 Impacts are still in the rfd but as parts are not as easy to get as I found out when a few parts needed replacing a couple of years ago, then add the fact that I would need to update the barrel as they are the original smooth twist barrels on these guns so not suited to slug use otherwise I may have considered buying my pal's old gun as it was a Mk1 / 2 crossover and newer than mine.......................... feck knows, I go round in circles in my head with this, I need a lotto win.

Phil

On 30/03/2024 at 21:32, philpot said:

The new FX DRS has hit the shops, my buddy has bought a .177, I was under the impression that this model would only be available in sub 12 but on one of the facebook groups, a couple of guys said they have ordered DRS fac version. If this is correct and not some pillock at the Sportsman Gun Centre saying they can get an fac version, then at about £750, it will be half the cost of any other models in the FX stable.

Has anyone heard if fac versions are coming out.

Phil

It's intriguing to hear about the availability of the FX DRS in FAC versions. If true, the price point could certainly shake up the market. Exciting times for airgun enthusiasts!

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Jemma said:

It's intriguing to hear about the availability of the FX DRS in FAC versions. If true, the price point could certainly shake up the market. Exciting times for airgun enthusiasts!

My thoughts exactly Jemma.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2024 at 10:13, philpot said:

Just checked the FX website and the .25 is only available in fac which is good BUT limited number of shots per fill and no regulator is perhaps a step too far from what I want so I will now start to look for a s/h Crown / Maverick / Wildcat BT / Impact.  Mine and my pal's Mk1 Impacts are still in the rfd but as parts are not as easy to get as I found out when a few parts needed replacing a couple of years ago, then add the fact that I would need to update the barrel as they are the original smooth twist barrels on these guns so not suited to slug use otherwise I may have considered buying my pal's old gun as it was a Mk1 / 2 crossover and newer than mine.......................... feck knows, I go round in circles in my head with this, I need a lotto win.

Phil

Theres No need for a lottery win surely Oldboy? them cheapo nasty looking synthetic DRS/FX guns are  all available on interest free credit  over a 12 month,£100 deposit on pre order.....just over a bag of sand for a  grade 2 walnut one,Ive 1 on the way for my 14 yr old👍

• Like 2