is there travlers

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dear old grandpops

Was born to travelling folk.

Who were given land by the sally army to settle down and make the living .

Of which they did.

He was one of the most honest men you would ever meet.

Anyone was welcome in his home. And he always put himself out to help others.

He could not read or write but there was nothing he did not know about the land and countryside.

And he always like a good barter. ;)

Over the years he bought land.And when he died it was sold .(His wish)

though he never got to enjoy the good fortunes that his land bought.He was just the simple man.

He made sure that my nan could spend the rest of her life in the comfort that she deserved.

In my eyes he was a saint among men.

xxxxsuzy

hi suzy

thats nice

regards

davy

bigredbersa yes you get different type like in all cultures theres people we thrown on the sort that give us a bad name its not just irish that traval but normaly there the most trouble some are very respected people some are complete dosers im being honest but its the same in every culture if some ones a travler or they dont have to travel its the family that they come from what makes them what they are people dont become travlers its a family thing

Guest gaz100604
bigredbersa yes you get different type like in all cultures theres people we thrown on the sort that give us a bad name its not just irish that traval but normaly there the most trouble some are very respected people some are complete dosers im being honest but its the same in every culture if some ones a travler or they dont have to travel its the family that they come from what makes them what they are people dont become travlers its a family thing

a few years ago i asked a friend in work did he know anyone with a van to move some stuff as we were movong house , up he came with his buddy tony , packed the van full of my gear and tony set off whilst my friend travelled with me in the car. then he says "did i mention tony is a traveller" i burst out laughing made a few jokes about him running off with my stuff. eventually we arrived and off loaded the van gave him 50 euro job done.

my point is these people are percieved in a bad way, but in all walks of life you will find dishonest thieving horrible people , not fair to point the finger at travelling people.

Hi gang i thought this thread was over sunday night.

after reading allthe posts and the crap that some have said

dont ya think its time to stop slagging people off and get back to what this site was meant for.

HUNTING and sharing good tales and tips on dogs health and working ability ,we got to stand together to protect our way of life.

jusy keep hunting and keep the pot boiling.

best reguards the moocher .................steve

I've already mentioned this a few months ago, I dont have a great deal of experience of travelling folk but have wittnessed first hand how kind they can be. A travelling lad went out of his way to help me find a place to rehome two dogs that had been badly treated by my nephew. My wife is friendly with a couple of old travellers that come to her village every year. No fuss no bother no mess just great company.

just goes to show how easy people tar all and one the same at times. i know i can be guilty of doing it.

im personal friends with bigdan and go out hunting with him and i would trust him looking after my dogs better then most of the non travellers i know. hes a man that genuinely loves his dogs, genuinely loves his hunting and he is a big fella, so if anyone wants a pop at him personally because he was open and honest about his roots im sure he would oblige you if you got in touch.

just read this thread this morning and had a similar conversation with someone a few days ago.

in my opinion there are two types of people, those i like and those i don't. i can't and won't make that decision until i've met you. i am not always right about people and sometimes my opinions are changed but i won't be swayed by what others think. if you don't have any real experience of people of traveller decent you shouldn't pass judgement good or bad. oh and watching snatch does not count' which is an 18 by the way and judging by some of the comments on her some people are a bit young to be watching it.

i grew up in hampshire and we had a large number of travellers in our area. they had been part of the community for longer than most of the people who constantly blamed them for everything. i have moved around a fair bit and its the same everywhere. i have recently moved to east anglia and there are a few sites in this area and its the same old thing, they are responsible for everything up to the bad harvest this year. the thing is i asked the people saying this if they new any travellers and why they thought they were responsible and what do you think there answer was, blank looks and well no.

the point is this was a thread started by a traveller asking if there were any others on the site and it has become another thread slagging off people you don't know. sermon over.