One of the best mink guys over here in the US just did a lil write up on another forum, takes few hundred a year if I remember right in snares and conis. Lots of good info that might interest y'all  there also some fox snaring and muskrat stuff he talks about. Lots of pictures 

TRAPPERMAN.COM

This first location is an old bridge abutment about 20 yards downstream from the present day bridge. The stream is about...

full-11499-211075-hainsville_set_2.jpg

full-11499-211076-hainsville_catch_1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Decent pic and wright up , I'm on that fourm there some decent trap catches on there , would love go over there trap one them Bob cats  skinny it and keep it's hide as a wall hanger 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Decent pic and wright up , I'm on that fourm there some decent trap catches on there , would love go over there trap one them Bob cats  skinny it and keep it's hide as a wall hanger 

Be a dream come true for me. Regret not doing something like that when I was young free and single.

2 hours ago, Elchapo said:

29 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Be a dream come true for me. Regret not doing something like that when I was young free and single.

If y'all are on there just ask , if y'all can get a plane ticket I'm sure there a lot of guys who would invite y'all into their homes and LOVE to have y'all out in their lines 

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

To be fair I had an argument on here once with a lad we were arguing for days then one day we put the issue aside and settled are differences,  he offered for me ro go over for couple weeks  hunting ..I'm gutted I never whent but o well maybe one day 

• Like 1
Just now, Wolfdog91 said:

If y'all are on there just ask , if y'all can get a plane ticket I'm sure there a lot of guys who would invite y'all into their homes and LOVE to have y'all out in their lines 

I was invited to minktoberfest a couple of times. Life just got in the way. With a special needs kid, it would be too much of a sacrifice for me personally. With minktoberfest ending soon I've missed that boat, but yea, maybe in the future I might be able to make something else happen.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

I was invited to minktoberfest a couple of times. Life just got in the way. With a special needs kid, it would be too much of a sacrifice for me personally. With minktoberfest ending soon I've missed that boat, but yea, maybe in the future I might be able to make something else happen.

What’s minktoberfest EDDIE?Americans and Canucks are very accommodating I am staying with two people in September/October during the salmon run.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, mackem said:

What’s minktoberfest EDDIE?Americans and Canucks are very accommodating I am staying with two people in September/October during the salmon run.

It's a convention type weekend organised by Don Powell. He has a nice little forum called minktrapping.com. Some great lads on that site. Dedicated to mink trapping, but also plenty of discussion on other types of trapping, hunting, fishing etc. Don sent me a t shirt just out of the kindness of his heart. Just a really nice genuine sort 👍

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

It's a convention type weekend organised by Don Powell. He has a nice little forum called minktrapping.com. Some great lads on that site. Dedicated to mink trapping, but also plenty of discussion on other types of trapping, hunting, fishing etc. Don sent me a t shirt just out of the kindness of his heart. Just a really nice genuine sort 👍

He sounds a top bloke, where is he based? I met a couple of blokes last year while fishing went out of their way to help me out and show me another river. Hope you get the chance to get over, your the sort who would really enjoy the trip, be lucky. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, mackem said:

He sounds a top bloke, where is he based? I met a couple of blokes last year while fishing went out of their way to help me out and show me another river. Hope you get the chance to get over, your the sort who would really enjoy the trip, be lucky. 

I find a lot of the guys over there, are really good people. I've been sent mink snares by a lad off that site, free of charge. Wouldn't even let me pay the shipping, and that can be steep as you well may know. 

Don is from PA, and those guy's are passionate about their mink trapping. Learnt a lot off that site, and Trapperman.com too. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Last time i was over in Canada i went to a convention at North bay Ontario, well looked after by the folks over there, did a bit of stuff myself but legally to touch a trap you need a license , wanting to be legal i went to see about getting a ticket but you have to do a course even to hunt, they said i should have taken my UK hunting license with me and i would have been ok , they didn't beleive me when i said there was no such thing.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, myersbg said:

Last time i was over in Canada i went to a convention at North bay Ontario, well looked after by the folks over there, did a bit of stuff myself but legally to touch a trap you need a license , wanting to be legal i went to see about getting a ticket but you have to do a course even to hunt, they said i should have taken my UK hunting license with me and i would have been ok , they didn't beleive me when i said there was no such thing.

Even to tag along for a day's trapping, would be a great experience. Would be nice to make a few sets, but even to see first hand, how it's done, would be memorable.

• Like 1