Well looks like he's ruined

Yep look like I ruined my nephew. Kids 9 pretty much has massive crap load of energy and honestly I see a lot of myself in the kid. Like he's constantly asking questions about everything and simple answers don't really work for him. And just like me he takes a real shine to anything outdoor related. Well his parents,my in laws arnt really the outdoorsy type people, like they're not bad parents ,sweet and loving as all get out,  just hunting fishing trapping camping running around the woods just plain isn't their thing. They're not against it they just have no clue where to start ( their words not mine). Their gamers ( which I don't really see much of a problem with I'm a gamer too, nerd in general the real world sucks and gets boring and I like to zone out to some video games and get a mental break, kinda regular used to play a few a competitively too but that crap gets way to heated for me). But a 9yr old like him or me at the age cooped inside all day.....egh games can only do so much. Would tell him all the time how when I was 6 I had a .22 lr and would just roam around the woods and fields doing whatever . That concept terrifies his mom  🤣 Bless them though they put him into boys scouts after a bit of prodding and the kid loves it ! But , well it's all kinda neutered down. Well he was able to go fishing a while back on one of his little outings and he'd been wanting to do it ever since and I told him I'll come get him one day and take him fishing.

Well last month while I was home was bored so told the gf where gonna kidnap him since he was driving his other Aunt crazy while she was babysitting. Told his mom it's time for me to be the cool uncle and I'll bring him back eventually. So me and her went picked him up took him to Walmart took him to the fishing isle and told him to go pick him a rod. Got him the blu one he wantes some cheap $10 spinning combo some worms and other little doo dads. Like $30.

Then proceeded to drive an hour to my parents place and the farm. Got a few cow pounds scattered around full of bream and other lil panfish that are great and easy for kids. Showed him how to tie hooks and a basic bobber rig and proceeded to start walking .... And he's like in awee of the cows and all our dogs . Friggen hawk was swooping around after pigeons near the barn , was shown him the different lil tracks in the mud where the turtles came up on the bank ect. I mena we we're legit walking some of the same little trail I walked his age.

Well anyhow get his line in the water and within a minute his bobber is going under kids hyper ventilating while he's reelin in this little bluegill gf is taking pictures and man he was just all for it. Well he catches like 6 of them and we had to take him back because it was getting dark but the whole time has asking if we can get one more cast in 🤣

Welp took him home and told him I'll take him out again and if her really behaved wed go run some dog with my buddy or something. Not taking him shooting though kids way too emotionally charged right now 

Y'all... apparently I done messed up and ruined this kid because according to my gf his grandma and his mom he won't shut up about fishing now and keeps asking when I'll take him again 🤣 mom just called me today asking if she can use cheese or something other then worms for fishing because she wants to go now to because he makes it some so fun and she always just wants to take him to let him relax a little till I get back to the house 🤣

I'll tell ya reminds me of something my dad used to tell me . Apparently when I was a baby I had this great uncle right ? Guy was one of those old woodsmen like hunted trapped would just vanish for days at a time and come back with game to feed his family. Woud noodle catfish and snapping turtles do rabbit drives, knew woods medicine all sorts of stuff . Apparently he was around one day and Dad had me all bundled up, he walked over looked at me looked at my dad dead int he eyes and said that as soon as he could get me in the woods . Said it's gonna get in him and ruin him in the best way possible and he's gonna put it in someone else . And sure enough now I'm that uncle who's got all these kids following him around . Life is funny like that. Would post a picture of him with is fish and all but he's a minor and all that

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

On 05/03/2024 at 14:07, Councilestatekid said:

Good lad wolfdog it's a good thing to do but keep takin him the little lad be gutted if you stop now 

O I'll try and drag him along anytime I can. Like spending time with him

• Like 2