Well guys it's that time again bird sale at stafford when mostly shite his sold on to the poor green fuckers that are just joining in the hobby. A mean that because mostly all the good stuffs gone before the main doors open for the general public between bird keepers who are already there setting up the tables or done the deals outside. It's abit shite for guys who've paid ten quid for the 10 o'clock wrist bans. I've always said that nothing should be aloud in untill the doors open at 10 o'clock. And on arrival all motors should be checked and birds accounted for. That gives every body a sporting chance on buying something decent. Personally me i wouldn't buy any bird from a sale. You'll find many that sell birds at the sales just want the birds gone aren't bothered about who's taking them and the welfare afterwards. Me a like to get to know the buyers see if they've got knowledge on the breed first. A don't want them spending loads of money bird dieing then them slating me for there lack of knowledge on the breed. It used to be okay for buying items for the birds at a third of the cost. But now there's not much price diffence only delivery cost really. But if your coming down from London three hour drive 6 in all to buy some seed and shite you might aswel stay at home and order it or drive closer to home to essex birds. Me I can get all deli nature's for 40 quid a bag half of what them greedy b*****ds sell it for. 

• Like 3

Thought this year was the best it’s been for a few years, plenty of British birds and good deal on Avigold and picked up some feeders/drinkers/nesting supplies,

got a Goldie cock and linnet mule

i only live 20 mins from the showground so no brainer for me 

12 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Well guys it's that time again bird sale at stafford when mostly shite his sold on to the poor green fuckers that are just joining in the hobby. A mean that because mostly all the good stuffs gone before the main doors open for the general public between bird keepers who are already there setting up the tables or done the deals outside. It's abit shite for guys who've paid ten quid for the 10 o'clock wrist bans. I've always said that nothing should be aloud in untill the doors open at 10 o'clock. And on arrival all motors should be checked and birds accounted for. That gives every body a sporting chance on buying something decent. Personally me i wouldn't buy any bird from a sale. You'll find many that sell birds at the sales just want the birds gone aren't bothered about who's taking them and the welfare afterwards. Me a like to get to know the buyers see if they've got knowledge on the breed first. A don't want them spending loads of money bird dieing then them slating me for there lack of knowledge on the breed. It used to be okay for buying items for the birds at a third of the cost. But now there's not much price diffence only delivery cost really. But if your coming down from London three hour drive 6 in all to buy some seed and shite you might aswel stay at home and order it or drive closer to home to essex birds. Me I can get all deli nature's for 40 quid a bag half of what them greedy b*****ds sell it for. 

100% spot on. The whole bird thing has been a click for as long as i have known it, Although i do remember a mate of mine back in the 80`s who entered some of his Norwich canaries into the Hinckley cage bird show and never even got placed, At that time Hinckley and Burbage was possibly the best areas in the world for Norwich canaries. I am not going to mention names as a lot are no longer with us, But he put the same birds into the National at the NEC and won best in show with a hen, 

30 minutes ago, paulus said:

100% spot on. The whole bird thing has been a click for as long as i have known it, Although i do remember a mate of mine back in the 80`s who entered some of his Norwich canaries into the Hinckley cage bird show and never even got placed, At that time Hinckley and Burbage was possibly the best areas in the world for Norwich canaries. I am not going to mention names as a lot are no longer with us, But he put the same birds into the National at the NEC and won best in show with a hen, 

It's always been the same mate. It's Same with showing game birds 

39 minutes ago, MrsChamp606 said:

Thought this year was the best it’s been for a few years, plenty of British birds and good deal on Avigold and picked up some feeders/drinkers/nesting supplies,

got a Goldie cock and linnet mule

i only live 20 mins from the showground so no brainer for me 

I've seen a few video clips put up alot of canaries there. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know lads that have paid for a table just so they can get in early, jibbed in round the back a few times but like you say birds have already gone before you get in