Superb eagle flights.

2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Takes a bit more brains and a lot more dedication to train and fly a bird properly.Most of the wallys you see buying and selling lurchers and chucking them out of motors would more than likely loose a bird the first time they tried to fly it thats if they didnt kill it trying to get it to the correct weight

They still chuck bird out of motors 👍

• Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watched this earlier,an eagle for an emperor,flights on roe,CWD,Muntie and hare,give his channel a follow.  

He still flies eagles Tats, this is his eagle called Mack.   

I have various friends with Falcons, Hawks and there's one with an Eagle. I have been out dozens of times over many years and have seen the smallest birds caught to pretty large mammals caught. All ve

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, leegreen said:

They still chuck bird out of motors 👍

Plenty of footage of some scouse sounding lads street hawking gulls and crows on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, Bakerboy said:

A masterclass in how to fck it up for  everyone else who flies birds

How comes mate ?... looks a good gig to me.....had a few natters with that mink dude i thought he had a really interesting outlook to the relationship between man and predatory animals i liked the geezers thought process.

Edited by gnasher16
6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

the relationship between man and predatory animals 

Symbiosis. 

If your ever in Gordon's wine bar on embankment they have an bloke comes round the outside sometimes flying a Harris Hawk to deter the pigeons. My mate stayed in the palm Atlantis in Dubai over Christmas, met a new Zealander who had set up a pest control business over there for the hotels and was doing the same type of thing. 

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

How comes mate ?... looks a good gig to me.....had a few natters with that mink dude i thought he had a really interesting outlook to the relationship between man and predatory animals i liked the geezers thought process.

Sorry mate my comments were aimed at the first video I hadnt watched the second 1

21 hours ago, mackem said:

Even mink 'enry is in on the game. 

To be honest, its the only way a Harris Hawk would catch a Rook. It's called "Mugging" 😆 Once them Rooks get up on the wing, them Harris's don't stand a chance. 

Lamping with them is even less sporting, a bit like sitting ducks. You catch Woodies and Pheasants with them.

Them little American Kestrels weigh just a few ounces. My friend had one in Spain and it used to catch grass hoppers.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, mackem said:

Symbiosis. 

If your ever in Gordon's wine bar on embankment they have an bloke comes round the outside sometimes flying a Harris Hawk to deter the pigeons. My mate stayed in the palm Atlantis in Dubai over Christmas, met a new Zealander who had set up a pest control business over there for the hotels and was doing the same type of thing. 

My friend has an Avian bird control company over here. Does loads of townies, sometimes with an air rifle. He does lots of sensitive areas with the Harris Hawks. Does a fair bit of barrier control, nets, spikes, wires and ting. Does loads of other bird stuff too, but still needs to put a bit of rat poison from time to time to pay the bills. Saying that, he has done very well for himself. Has now started to breed a "few" racing Falcons for the Arabs £$£$£$£

13 minutes ago, leegreen said:

My friend has an Avian bird control company over here. Does loads of townies, sometimes with an air rifle. He does lots of sensitive areas with the Harris Hawks. Does a fair bit of barrier control, nets, spikes, wires and ting. Does loads of other bird stuff too, but still needs to put a bit of rat poison from time to time to pay the bills. Saying that, he has done very well for himself. Has now started to breed a "few" racing Falcons for the Arabs £$£$£$£

That actually sounds like an interesting career. 

3 hours ago, mackem said:

That actually sounds like an interesting career. 

the racing Falcons are a hybrid, think they're about 5k+ . There's a geezer in the Midlands, or somewhere north of Watford. He has a proper little farm going on, cant breed enough, think my friend is selling them through him. The Arabs can't get enough. They fly them point to point, if they win, it's bucks and bravado. If they lose, they've wasted a few grand, peanuts to them.  There's a lot of wastage and that equals more birds for sale £££££

The pest control is interesting too 😁 Another friend Karl does nearly all the bird work for him. Karl doesn't hunt any more, photography is his thing and some good stuff he produces. We had a Osprey down the road for about 3 weeks. He got some fantastic action shots of it taking fish. Took one of it taking a Bream, I'll try and find it.

• Thanks 1
On 21/02/2024 at 21:28, chartpolski said:

A $100,000 falcon, and me shitting myself in case it starts baiting and damages itself ! 
95490521-216A-468F-8EFE-A9C9163EAE4F.jpeg.bb01ffccecb19e27bde1d26c427b995a.jpeg

Cheers.

That's possibly the geezer selling the birds to the Arabs?  It it a Peregrine x Gyr Falcon?  I think they use Sakers too.