SIKA IN THE SNOW

Well I travelled to the Borders at the weekend even though the forecast was bad , but you know what they say " He who dares ............"

The morning started off with blizzards which kept up for about 3 hours. The stalking was very demanding but this made it more of a challenge!

post-29-1202148766_thumb.jpg

I missed a hind in the morning as my mounts came loose on the rifle , so at luchtime it was back to the workshop , mounts removed , tightened and then check the zero of my rifle.

Then there was a break in the weather in the afternoon for a couple of hours.

I managed a roe kid in the afternoon , the stalker had culled the doe and other kid the day before so wanted this kid culled also.

post-29-1202148982_thumb.jpg

I also managed to stalk within 10 yards of a sika stag , he still never noticed me til I gave him a shout...............

post-29-1202149062_thumb.jpg

post-29-1202149095_thumb.jpg

I nearly killed myself with exhaustion in the afternoon climbing this very steep ride but I was lucky and culled a sika hind and calf.

post-29-1202149181_thumb.jpg

post-29-1202149213_thumb.jpg

A very enjoyable day but what made it was the challenge , I felt like I had suceeded in beating the conditions :toast:

Well I travelled to the Borders at the weekend even though the forecast was bad , but you know what they say " He who dares ............"

The morning started off with blizzards which kept up for about 3 hours. The stalking was very demanding but this made it more of a challenge!

post-29-1202148766_thumb.jpg

I missed a hind in the morning as my mounts came loose on the rifle , so at luchtime it was back to the workshop , mounts removed , tightened and then check the zero of my rifle.

Then there was a break in the weather in the afternoon for a couple of hours.

I managed a roe kid in the afternoon , the stalker had culled the doe and other kid the day before so wanted this kid culled also.

post-29-1202148982_thumb.jpg

I also managed to stalk within 10 yards of a sika stag , he still never noticed me til I gave him a shout...............

post-29-1202149062_thumb.jpg

post-29-1202149095_thumb.jpg

I nearly killed myself with exhaustion in the afternoon climbing this very steep ride but I was lucky and culled a sika hind and calf.

post-29-1202149181_thumb.jpg

post-29-1202149213_thumb.jpg

A very enjoyable day but what made it was the challenge , I felt like I had suceeded in beating the conditions :toast:

Cracking post and good results. Good pics btw! looks a nice spot you have there.