Noticed a difference.

Still getting out and about with the catty despite having no dog and what I have noticed is that I don't seem to get many shots at squirrels that used to sit on the fork of trees watching the dog. Most of my shots are now being taken at squirrels on the ground when I can get near enough. I dropped this one this morning as it was sat on a fallen tree. 

20231217_092245.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Still getting out and about with the catty despite having no dog and what I have noticed is that I don't seem to get many shots at squirrels that used to sit on the fork of trees watching the dog. Most of my shots are now being taken at squirrels on the ground when I can get near enough. I dropped this one this morning as it was sat on a fallen tree. 

20231217_092245.jpg

that's it then mate, it's your duty to get yourself a pup🐶

I use my two kelpies. The benefit is that it doesn't matter if my aim's no good as I tend to use the catapult for moving the squirrels about until they get to a tree I can shake them out of. Had one a few days ago and both dogs were under the tree mouths agape like Wile E Coyote...but the lucky buggy managed to make it across a footpath to a tree on the other side, barely hanging on to the thinnest twigs, then off through the trees until it made it to an oak tree. I didn't have the catapult that day.🤐

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

This pup messed up so many shots at squirrel that i did consider leaving her at home 😂 but it's all a matter of time before it clicks .. wouldn't go out without her now.

20231223_083422.jpg

lovely dog mate? 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Has she got a good nose on her Fred?, this one will hunt like hell given a chance. 

Yes mate, she's a natural marking dog, started marking at 6 months. will enter brambles, nettles etc. 

Screenshot_20220404_161400_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20220417_102950_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by fred90
  • Like 4