Sponsors North West

OldhamLad

Hi

Years of ferreting and running lurchers. 

Now find myself with enough time for falconry ( childhood fantasy that hasn't disappeared in over 30 years)

I've got the time and cash now! Want to have a serious look at next steps into moving into falconry.

I need a sponsor someone to show me the ropes and let me come out with them. Anyone fancy taking on the challenge. I'm an easy going guy ex squaddie 35 year old manchester based happy to travel.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, OldhamLad said:

99 views and not a single response.

The ferreting and running dogs sections are booming but it's like a ghost town here.

If I go Into this blind I'll try and do some content to get this fired up :)

Theres a few good lads on here into the Bop's..be patient... 👍1487469402_BlackheartsDogs168.jpg.dcff41c8c278199e1b2c6fc65f08834a.jpg

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, OldhamLad said:

99 views and not a single response.

The ferreting and running dogs sections are booming but it's like a ghost town here.

If I go Into this blind I'll try and do some content to get this fired up :)

Chances are there no one near you, better off trying Facebook,  but be careful who you listen to , most people can't fly a kite ... Harris hawks are very forgiving and are relatively easy to fly so some people by in a mafe bird and think there the best thing since sliced bread ,find somone who had flown acouole of birds and preferably somone who have flown birds that they have taken up out of aviary at 16 week plus and flown for acouole years , anyone can by in a well manner already made harris hawk and think there a good falconer but when they get a bird fresh from the aviary or it comes to finding a new birds flying weight and hunting weight or turns agreeing e or how to propperly man and house a bird or be able to check them over health wise ....well that's a digfrent kettle of fish altogether 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2023 at 00:02, OldhamLad said:

Hi

Years of ferreting and running lurchers. 

Now find myself with enough time for falconry ( childhood fantasy that hasn't disappeared in over 30 years)

I've got the time and cash now! Want to have a serious look at next steps into moving into falconry.

I need a sponsor someone to show me the ropes and let me come out with them. Anyone fancy taking on the challenge. I'm an easy going guy ex squaddie 35 year old manchester based happy to travel.

It's good that you're looking for someone to show you the ropes. It makes life easier for you AND the bird lol.

As has been mentioned, there are loads of Facebook groups, but be choosey who you listen to. 

It might be worth having a look at some of the Falconry clubs and going on a few field meets. That way you will get to see a variety of birds flown and it might point you in the right choice of bird for your particular circumstances. 

Decent books are also worth reading such as Philip Glasiers' Falconry and Hawking which can be picked up fairly cheap.

• Like 1