Quick lamp last night

Out for an hour last night. Not much about at all maybe some fireworks from Halloween I wasn’t aware of scared most things inside normally teeming with rabbits. 
In the end managed to run 2 rabbits and killed one. First time out on the lamp this season and as usual when we first start he’s pulling at the slip far too eager and it’s fkn annoying so first thing give him 150 yard slip on long ears and a minute and half later after going over a brow he comes back empty handed hed of nailed it if stayed in the beam… he’s switch on then after a good run and can lamp him off the slip and stay by my side till I give him the word to get on. All in all just nice to be out there not much wind bit of drizzle but I remembered how much I enjoy it! Few pics taken off videos so bit crap. 
A lot of my perm is recently cut maize so it’s a bit baron at the moment will probably leave it a month and go them spots again hopefully more out in the open.  
cheers. 

IMG_8897.png

IMG_8885.jpeg

Edited by Samrog
  • Like 11

at least you didn't  blank ,  i know what you mean pulling on  lead, it does your head in, my old big dog, was twat for it, he pull you of your feet  deff. i did what you did, give long slips calm the fecker down  , give him about dozen runs, then bit better , but he put long night in, so he done his job, how your dog bred, looks good coat,  how tall is it, and its age.?

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, bird said:

at least you didn't  blank ,  i know what you mean pulling on  lead, it does your head in, my old big dog, was twat for it, he pull you of your feet  deff. i did what you did, give long slips calm the fecker down  , give him about dozen runs, then bit better , but he put long night in, so he done his job, how your dog bred, looks good coat,  how tall is it, and its age.?

Thanks Bird. Yeah I can’t be doing with the pulling he pull me arms off first 10 mins  he usually miss the first rabbit because he steams in too fast too keen. Usually spot on after that but perfect if I can give him a good run to settle him down a bit. He’s 3 early next year and he’s a bedlington lurcher. Works out about  1/2 grey, 3/8 terrier beddy with drop lakey mix and 1/8th whippet and about 24inch. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Samrog said:

Thanks Bird. Yeah I can’t be doing with the pulling he pull me arms off first 10 mins  he usually miss the first rabbit because he steams in too fast too keen. Usually spot on after that but perfect if I can give him a good run to settle him down a bit. He’s 3 early next year and he’s a bedlington lurcher. Works out about  1/2 grey, 3/8 terrier beddy with drop lakey mix and 1/8th whippet and about 24inch. 

not a bad x that, and nice size, he keen , ok it crap pulling on a lead like that, and feck me do i know, my big old  dog 28 in 88lb , my bullxs could pull, but he was worse  if seen his quarry . 

On 01/11/2023 at 12:11, Samrog said:

Out for an hour last night. Not much about at all maybe some fireworks from Halloween I wasn’t aware of scared most things inside normally teeming with rabbits. 
In the end managed to run 2 rabbits and killed one. First time out on the lamp this season and as usual when we first start he’s pulling at the slip far too eager and it’s fkn annoying so first thing give him 150 yard slip on long ears and a minute and half later after going over a brow he comes back empty handed hed of nailed it if stayed in the beam… he’s switch on then after a good run and can lamp him off the slip and stay by my side till I give him the word to get on. All in all just nice to be out there not much wind bit of drizzle but I remembered how much I enjoy it! Few pics taken off videos so bit crap. 
A lot of my perm is recently cut maize so it’s a bit baron at the moment will probably leave it a month and go them spots again hopefully more out in the open.  
cheers. 

IMG_8897.png

IMG_8885.jpeg

At least you got out mate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1