Half a dozen

Foxes 🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

Out with my mate last night on some new ground . As we pulled onto the farm a fox crossed in front of us , so out with the rifle and no 1 in the bag .

We then got set up overlooking a rushy area out in front where I could see for miles. On with the caller and it wasn't long before a fox was coming in.

They just kept coming, it was like a delivery service. Cant remember exactly how many we saw , I think possibly 8 . 

5 were shot from this 1 stand 😁 All big healthy foxes 4 dogs 2 vixens with one of the vixens being the biggest 

Farmer was over the moon and begged us to come back soon 👍

20231016_000230.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blueeyes said:

Thanks had one the other night threw every call at it not in the least interested but at least I have a time so bit of bait out for it me thinks 

Yep they dont all call in. Was watching another this same night heading our direction then changed its mind only to disappear over the next ridge.

• Like 1

I have to say I've been trying a few calls from the internet (on my phone) in the field, and had a half decent level of success.

The limited sound volume on the phone does seem to travel a good distant on a nice night!!

:good:

I could have had two last night when I was out rabbit shooting I got a few rabbits but I had a fox come within about 30/40 foot and sit and stare at me I don’t shoot them unless it’s necessary most of my permission is arable, I grabbed my phone to get a pic and he was away.

Well done on the 6 mate good start to a bit of new permission farmer must of see that and was well chuffed.

55 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

I could have had two last night when I was out rabbit shooting I got a few rabbits but I had a fox come within about 30/40 foot and sit and stare at me I don’t shoot them unless it’s necessary most of my permission is arable, I grabbed my phone to get a pic and he was away.

Well done on the 6 mate good start to a bit of new permission farmer must of see that and was well chuffed.

Farmer was elated and begged us to hurry back.

• Like 2