Didn't go last year, decided to make it a Bi annual event for me, I used to love it in the old days, but the latest reincarnation seems a pale shadow of the past.

Hope this year is better!

Used to love taking the family to Scone game fair  but it got steadily worse as the prices went up , I think they got a cheek calling most of them game fairs there now country fairs 

Not sure which one you mean but we have to get behind them or they will disappear like every thing else.

Our local hunt had a show last weekend apparently a success. They put a ton of work and effort into it and it’s a credit to them and appreciated. I never went because when these things are quiet there not much fun. I must make the effort next year. 
The Welsh game fair they used have by Llandeilo used be terrific day. Thousands of people red arrows the full works. But it dwindled off and got slated by my self included. But it wasn’t there fault just a sign of the times with our gormless government rules regs and everything else 

enjoy your day Deker 

• 1 month later...

So, who went this year????

Unfortunately I had to skip it, so a review would be appreciated.

Blenheim Palace next year, my favourite venue for the show, for some reason it just seems to work well there in my opinion!!!

6 hours ago, Deker said:

Blenheim Palace next year, my favourite venue for the show, for some reason it just seems to work well there in my opinion!!!

Yeah I might go when it's back at Blenheim Palace. We went to the Ragley Hall one last year it was awful. Overpriced with most stalls being pretty much the same as the one next door. 

10 hours ago, Deker said:

i went as it was free to get into for the whole weekend with basc.probably have a very biased view of the show as i bought a new toy and i am very happy with it.the show itself i thought was very good with so many stands selling every thing you could want.food was very good but not cheap.we know the reson for this as talking to stall owners what they have to pay for a stand.you could buy everything from dog treats to antique jewellery.cars were also for sale.lots of drink stands selling whisky,vodka and wine basically everything you could want.food stands selling allsorts were also very numerous.pork pies to honey.was not to busy on the friday when i went.may hundreds of shotguns,firearms for sale plus air rifles with loads of air pistols.prices seemed to be competitive for said products but certain stands did not bring what you would expect ie no airguns.lots to do as usual with shooting of airguns and shotguns.all in all a very varied amount of things to do and buy.did not have to wait for to long to get in all was organised well.would definately go again next year if we are still allowed to have game fairs next year.