• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guess you called him Spot. Well son, without doubt the best dog I ever had was a lab x spaniel. I trialled both and did fairly well but I never had as good as this cross. You’ll never look back. Jok.

• Like 1

I suggested that but the kids wanted to call him buzz so I'm stuck with that lol...yeh he's a good dog apart from I can have him out good while or in the garden doing his own thing n he just comes in n decides to piss in the kitchen I know he's still a pup but thought he would of clicked on by now that's only bad thing about him 

• Like 1

Go back to basics my friend. Rub his nose in it and a command NO. Put him in the garden with a ‘good lad’ and away you should go. For saying that a pup will be like a little child and take a bit of teaching about toilet. You’ll come good pal. Jok.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jok said:

Go back to basics my friend. Rub his nose in it and a command NO. Put him in the garden with a ‘good lad’ and away you should go. For saying that a pup will be like a little child and take a bit of teaching about toilet. You’ll come good pal. Jok.

Done everything apart from rubbing his nose in it but f**k it gonna give it ago see if it helps n he catches on n hopefully he stops soon enough. Cheers ? 

20 minutes ago, jok said:

FFS, rubbing a puppy's nose in its pee will do nothing to train it, except to make it wary of peeing where you are. Take it outside, stay with it until it pees, then bring it straight back in. I've found it harder to housetrain pups during summer when the doors are always open.

And if there are kids around to distract it, or disturb it when it needs to pee outside, it will go somewhere quieter and more familiar. If it has really got in the habit of peeing inside, then restrict it to one easily cleaned room, not carpet. Make a point of taking it out for a pee every fifteen minutes to begin with. It's a chore, but if you get it right to begin with it's worth it.

Clean where it's peed with biological washing liquid or powder, rinse thoroughly. Don't expect a pup of less than 12 weeks to be housetrained or be able to hold its pee for any length of time, even though people will love to tell you that theirs was trained by 8 weeks. All pups are different.

• Like 3
Just now, skycat said:

FFS, rubbing a puppy's nose in its pee will do nothing to train it, except to make it wary of peeing where you are. Take it outside, stay with it until it pees, then bring it straight back in. I've found it harder to housetrain pups during summer when the doors are always open.

And if there are kids around to distract it, or disturb it when it needs to pee outside, it will go somewhere quieter and more familiar. If it has really got in the habit of peeing inside, then restrict it to one easily cleaned room, not carpet. Make a point of taking it out for a pee every fifteen minutes to begin with. It's a chore, but if you get it right to begin with it's worth it.

Clean where it's peed with biological washing liquid or powder, rinse thoroughly. Don't expect a pup of less than 12 weeks to be housetrained or be able to hold its pee for any length of time, even though people will love to tell you that theirs was trained by 8 weeks. All pups are different.

PS NEVER tell a pup off for peeing!!!!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, skycat said:

I know what u mean with it been summer n doors  are always open maybe that's adding to the situation too, every time I go for a smoke I let him out until he does his biz then comes in n does 1 not long after on the floor it's a easy clean up but just annoying that he thinks he can just piss where he pleases but just gonna do my best to make sure he knows toilet is outside only 

14 minutes ago, Appo said:

I know what u mean with it been summer n doors  are always open maybe that's adding to the situation too, every time I go for a smoke I let him out until he does his biz then comes in n does 1 not long after on the floor it's a easy clean up but just annoying that he thinks he can just piss where he pleases but just gonna do my best to make sure he knows toilet is outside only 

Go to a health food shop and get some citronella, Spray the floor where its pissing, this should stop it from pissing where you don't want it to as they don't like the smell. You will still need to let it outside regally and it will take time. 

6 minutes ago, paulus said:

Go to a health food shop and get some citronella, Spray the floor where its pissing, this should stop it from pissing where you don't want it to as they don't like the smell. You will still need to let it outside regally and it will take time. 

Cheers mate il keep that in mind ?