First wasps' nest of the season

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit underwhelming really.l did ask how big it was on the phone and they described it as being "At least tennis ball sized"  . Felt a bit guilty when l saw it  ,but it was a call-out ?‍♂️

I had to get a bit personal with a nest in a wall behind thick ivy . I was fully armoured-up but it didn't stop the jaspers taking their anger out on my equipment. Three of them found themselves

Posted Images

8 hours ago, earth-thrower said:

Hardly seen a wasp up here ! long while now, few year ago, plenty,..(Scotland)

It's strange down here at the other end of the country.

There don't seem to be many wasps out and about compared to some years. Then again the Season came into swing a couple of weeks later than usual . Yet there have been so many nests l've broken my record for the number treated in a day several times .  Multiple nests in one house were the norm until the last couple of weeks . I thought eight in a tiny bungalow was going some but then l did a house with thirteen!

If only the number  of nests treated equalled the number of call outs. 

This one nearly caught me out.20230918_101223.jpg.48c2e0f68732df95687c54db913b5df6.jpg

I'd gone in a loft to treat an obvious nest and as usual cast about with the torch looking for others. l spotted this old broken nest from afar . Red light can be deceptive so l had a closer look.

20230918_101329.jpg.bb6721f8638f2859fa0d54776411b837.jpg lnvestigation revealed a new nest built round and even inside the old one. 

Edited by comanche
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...