Ferret Court Location - And Questions

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done a fair amount of research at work today, and not much work. You can get the thick stuff which is bloody heavy, no real point, although after i ordered it the chap making the Court said he would fit it before delivery, that aside a 6x4 bit of the thick stuff was £26, however, as it weghs 40KG your almost touching a Ton with delivery.

I then rang a few more people and got some stuff of off one company, its the Stable Mats that go on the walls, so its only 5mm thick. I got a 6x4 bit for £38 in delivery.

• 3 months later...
I am only 13 and am looking for a court system for my ferts. does anyone know of a reasonably well priced court maker? Or does anyone have a second hand court?

Hi Will it depends what you want to spend really a handmade one to your drawing will cost hundreds , dont you have someone who can help you to build one , grandad or dad someone like that maybe :)

I can cope with hundreds just probably not over 500 and definatly not over 1000! dad is a farmer and never has much time for things like that. Would I be able to change a garden shed into a free running ferret house?

I can cope with hundreds just probably not over 500 and definatly not over 1000! dad is a farmer and never has much time for things like that. Would I be able to change a garden shed into a free running ferret house?

you can customise a shed no problems, put a cat flap in the botom & then attach a run to the side off it on a concrete pad or slabs , make it as long as you want & space allows really :thumbs:

all mine stand on slabs with small gaps between them so when i wash them out the water runs away ,whats the position like with the sun cos if its a sun trap the ferrets will get quite hot during the summer

Thats a good set up there's a company up the road making 8x4 kennels £330 i really fancy one with 1 inch mesh i reckon it would suit the ferrets to a T

Sue, thats another great set up you have there!! :thumbs:

thanks ,i just find it easier especially when you get home from work at 6pm in the winter its dark and usually raining i just put the light on and i can feed ,clean and spend time with them

A few things to sort out with location is wind,rain ans the sun,you don't want to put it where the rain will be pouring in when it's windy and wet also you don't want them sat with no cover in the summer.The conifer rip it out and then trim the little tree so it can provide either a wind break or cover from the sun,i have made my court out of a bird aviery and attached a shed to it,both can be found in add papers for a lot less than some of these pro built courts.Easy to clean no bending over all cramped up and i use litter trays it's really easy,putting at least a concrete slab down in their run helps in keeping their claws short,put between run and sleeping quarters makes them use it as well.

Picture085.jpg

this cost me less than £50 including the slabs,6x4 shed on the back.