Appalachian bear hunting Clay Newcomb

8 minutes ago, terryd said:

Yea saw that come up on my feed will be watching.

Saw this too. Can you imagine good morning breakfast or what ever its called being so unbiased no ohhing and ahhhing and sarky coments

I listen to his podcast every week and it never fails to make me incredibly jealous what they have over there . Imagine having acres and acres of land you could explore/hunt/fish/camp without worry about people catching you at it

You wouldn't have that shpw over here because we have nobody like steve rinella and a tiny percentage of the opportunities they have . Imagine a episode of meateater uk starting with the host phoning dai the farmer to let him know he was going to shoot some rabbits then stopping at a tree line "we can't go over there because a family from London bought that farmhouse and land and they don't like hunters "   " quick Terry turn the lamp off before they see us "  . Or halfway through the episode the police turn up asking if we've got permission or asking if they've got dogs . 

One things for certain if I had my life again I would move to America 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I listen to his podcast every week and it never fails to make me incredibly jealous what they have over there . Imagine having acres and acres of land you could explore/hunt/fish/camp without worry about people catching you at it

You wouldn't have that shpw over here because we have nobody like steve rinella and a tiny percentage of the opportunities they have . Imagine a episode of meateater uk starting with the host phoning dai the farmer to let him know he was going to shoot some rabbits then stopping at a tree line "we can't go over there because a family from London bought that farmhouse and land and they don't like hunters "   " quick Terry turn the lamp off before they see us "  . Or halfway through the episode the police turn up asking if we've got permission or asking if they've got dogs . 

One things for certain if I had my life again I would move to America 

You are right they sure are lucky and even the duck shooting is out of this world 

On 26/03/2023 at 11:18, foxdropper said:

The crack is to hunt in each state if money allows as season are different across the US .

Id love to do some of that wild hunting .Might get there but for out of State hunters prices are horrendous .

Depends where you go and how u go about it foxdropper, each state has different regulations. I know lots of hunters from up here head down to Montana and go unguided for fairly reasonable costs for elk, antelope, turkey etc. Lots of tags available over the counter rather than on a draw or lottery. If u want to hire a guide or outfitter then it obviously costs a lot more, and animals like griz or some off the sheep species will cost u an arm and a leg.... a recent big horn tag here was sold for more than $300,000 USD. 

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Some auctions involving bighorn rams have fetched well over $300,000 USD per tag, a...

• Sad 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 26/03/2023 at 13:18, foxdropper said:

The crack is to hunt in each state if money allows as season are different across the US .

Id love to do some of that wild hunting .Might get there but for out of State hunters prices are horrendous .

It can be expensive. Like gazjon said, some tags in some states are over the counter. But not all areas are equal when it comes to game quality and quantity. If you are serious about making the trek this site may help you. GOHUNT // THE Hunting Company

You have to pay to join as that's the American way. :thumbs: But, they give you all the information you could need to plan ahead for an exciting trip in the states.

Good Hunting!

• Like 1