HMR Hares

Up at my mates place this evening for an hour or so as he’s got a big hare problem and has asked if I can thin them a bit, he told me that he had counted over 20 just along the small wood that runs along the front of the farm and would I concentrate on them because they can be seen from the road and attract the undesirables 

now normally I’d of taken the .223 or.243 but with all this talk of HMR recently, I thought I’d give that an outing, there was certainly a good few about and this was just after dark, I took 6 and a rabbit off the front field missing 2 at relatively close range, but making up for it with a 151 pace head shot, I then walked onto the back part of the field against the wood where there was 6 roe mooching around in the middle of the field, after shooting another 3 rabbits that I left for fox bait because I couldn’t physically carry them I made that do and headed for home knowing there’s still plenty to go at

93D03310-C348-40E9-80C0-A2DE113CC1A1.jpeg

141A6F30-3407-46B9-9129-CBB0F58E3D30.jpeg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I’ve been asked to supply a dealer with as many as I can shoot .Challenge accepted .

We have got bloody loads up here 

a mate of mine is getting a fiver each for them down in Lincolnshire, but they have to take them in 20 at a time 

• Like 1

£3 a rabbit is unheard of round here!!!

As for Hare, Berkshire is virtually devoid, there are some close to borders with other counties but for some reason Berkshire just doesn't have any Hare to speak of, and hasn't for as long as I can remember!

If I ever see one I get all excited!  :yes::good:

10 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

More hares than rabbits here Chris .Be a cull very soon .

I seem to recall many years back when I came over to you we saw a field full of Hare, probably saw more that night, than I have seen in Berkshire in total, ever!!!

Just now, Deker said:

I seem to recall many years back when I came over to you we saw a field full of Hare, probably saw more that night, than I have seen in Berkshire in total, ever!!!

Still same mate .You ever want a session on them and have a buyer ,hop on over .

• Like 1