Drew a blank

terryd

But nice to be out. Just the one quick drop. Nice breeze in my face and the old home made handle a treat. Shame no rabbits out but no worries. Got me thinking I wonder how many people in my county were out tonight with a net.  Probably just me ? 

3DC9E220-8DEE-4110-B195-4CFDA3D134BE.jpeg

A5829531-6E16-412A-9034-D92968255BA5.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

only you daft enough ?. only kidding Terry, good on you making the effort. I can't remember last time I even looked at my nets, I do hope there's some decent drops in the future, something about night netting that I really enjoyed in the past ?

• Like 1

Hah yea I thought same Fred. I know what you mean. I have to be honest when ive got a dog I tend to lamp but as she is bit young yet thought I would have a go. Same field a week or two ago had a dozen over the top when I walked through with the pup and lamp on way back to van

3 hours ago, terryd said:

Hah yea I thought same Fred. I know what you mean. I have to be honest when ive got a dog I tend to lamp but as she is bit young yet thought I would have a go. Same field a week or two ago had a dozen over the top when I walked through with the pup and lamp on way back to van

what net was it 50 yards? I have a new little 25 yarder from Nelson never used it yet. hope to use it hopefully next season just little drops still worth doing for a couple of rabbits. 

3 minutes ago, fred90 said:

what net was it 50 yards? I have a new little 25 yarder from Nelson never used it yet. hope to use it hopefully next season just little drops still worth doing for a couple of rabbits. 

Yes 50 yards in hide site I should run another 25 its a wide spot they run down too

21 minutes ago, terryd said:

Yes 50 yards in hide site I should run another 25 its a wide spot they run down too

it's there for next time, it's not easy on your own with traditional net's but I still don't fancy a quickset. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, terryd said:

I am same. I feel quite comfortable with traditional at least that one 

do you peg as you go Terry? I always worked as a pair years ago, now on my own find it easier to run net out then peg back. 

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

do you peg as you go Terry? I always worked as a pair years ago, now on my own find it easier to run net out then peg back. 

I peg as I go Fred the theory being it saves passing them twice and if they do scoot home once you have passed your net is up. At least thats the plan lol

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, terryd said:

I peg as I go Fred the theory being it saves passing them twice and if they do scoot home once you have passed your net is up. At least thats the plan lol

that theory is correct mate, not had much practice at it and I found it too slow.