The need for a long one !!!!!

No No No boys I am not talking about my dick or perhaps...................never mind, I have decided to go back to a 32'' shotgun again mainly for clays as I sold my Beretta DT10 for an offer I couldn't refuse and bought a Caesar Guerini 30''. It's a cracking gun and very fast to find the target and I may keep it and have the stock modified for Olympic Trap shooting but my mind is made up to get a 32'' but which one.  I always seem to go back to Beretta and the 694 is a much better price than the DT11 bearing in mind with the price of cartridges now and with another price increase due in a month, it is just too expensive for me to shoot competition so perhaps the 694 is a better bet however looking at the market another CG but in 32'' may be the route to take. A friend of mine told me about a rather nice Perazzi that was coming up soon which again are superb to use but how much do we throw at what is a bit of fun not high level competitions anymore.

I know I am just waffling, just passing it out for any comments.

If you can afford to buy a nice perazzi you dont need to worry about the price of cartridges mate. 

You only live once go and buy the one you want. If only my wife new what was in my cabinets  

Edited by bumpy22
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

If you can afford to buy a nice perazzi you dont need to worry about the price of cartridges mate. 

You only live once go and buy the one you want. If only my wife new what was in my cabinets  

Not just my cartridges but my wifes as well. The Perazzi will be a stretch, only wish I had not sold my old one.

Bernard, where did you find that idiot, one guy that shouldn't even own a gun, what a dick.  Could make a brilliant goose gun on my local foreshore though but it looked like it has a kick like a blackpool donkey.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had an MX8 years ago . It was the first 32” I had . I loved the trigger on that gun and I regret selling it . But my interest moved to rifles and I gave up shooting clays at a competitive level . I replaced it with an 32”MK38 with the Teague chokes , which makes it more like 33” in reality. It is a perfectly sound gun and if I’m honest I don’t shoot worse with it . 
                Reading your list of guns they are all very desirable. I noticed you have not included a Kreighoff , do you not fancy one ? I personally think they are ugly and expensive, but they do shoot fantastically well. 
      If it was me , I would have a look at that Perazzi , and if you are feeling flush , take the Mrs on a romantic holiday to Italy , and just pop by the factory and get a stock made to fit you while you are there  . Who says romance is dead ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I had an MX8 years ago . It was the first 32” I had . I loved the trigger on that gun and I regret selling it . But my interest moved to rifles and I gave up shooting clays at a competitive level . I replaced it with an 32”MK38 with the Teague chokes , which makes it more like 33” in reality. It is a perfectly sound gun and if I’m honest I don’t shoot worse with it . 
                Reading your list of guns they are all very desirable. I noticed you have not included a Kreighoff , do you not fancy one ? I personally think they are ugly and expensive, but they do shoot fantastically well. 
      If it was me , I would have a look at that Perazzi , and if you are feeling flush , take the Mrs on a romantic holiday to Italy , and just pop by the factory and get a stock made to fit you while you are there  . Who says romance is dead ? 

I have tried the big 'K' and just don't like it, ugly and heavy, not for me and I have looked at the Perazzi factory trip to get one fitted but that will be pushing it just too far and sadly it will remain a dream.

Personally, I've always like a 30 incher. The 32" gives a better sight picture but it takes longer to swing. So if she's moving quickly, it's hard to get the shot in before she's gone!

As for gun  choice, Berreta's definately aren't for me. If you've tried Browning and didn't like them, then I suggest researching which guns balance like Beretta and make them your shortlist.

Edited by Alsone

2 hours ago, Alsone said:

Personally, I've always like a 30 incher. The 32" gives a better sight picture but it takes longer to swing. So if she's moving quickly, it's hard to get the shot in before she's gone!

As for gun  choice, Berreta's definately aren't for me. If you've tried Browning and didn't like them, then I suggest researching which guns balance like Beretta and make them your shortlist.

I have used a 32'' Beretta DT10 for almost 10 years so I know exactly how they feel and how well they move to target which is why I am going back to one and I used to shoot skeet with this gun on many occasions with no problem. I understand your comment regarding the fact that Berettas are not for you, I think we all fit into one camp or another, I have owned several Brownings and Mirokus and do not like the feel of them in the shoulder or the difference in muzzle flip but by far prefer the balance and feel of the Italian guns Beretta, CG and Perazzi being the main ones. I do have however have a Browning A5 humpback auto in camo and  ceracote barrel / reciever which I would not part with, brilliant for pigeon shooting. We all like different things and my taste unfortunately is for the most expensive but nothing a lotto win would not sort out. 

Phil

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Alsone said:

You want to try woodcock with a 10g if you think that's difficult.20211203_111109.jpg.cb9d848ad085f1c14dc8a1a6149f412c.jpg

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

You want to try woodcock with a 10g if you think that's difficult.20211203_111109.jpg.cb9d848ad085f1c14dc8a1a6149f412c.jpg

I think woodcock with any gauge is difficult but the last ones I shot were with a 28ga, cracking gun, crazy cartridge price. There again the cost of your 10ga shells must be close to a second mortgage.

33 minutes ago, philpot said:

I think woodcock with any gauge is difficult but the last ones I shot were with a 28ga, cracking gun, crazy cartridge price. There again the cost of your 10ga shells must be close to a second mortgage.

It's a frontstuffer mate.

3 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

It's a frontstuffer mate.

Maximum house points in that case Bernard. Have you ever worked out what the cost is for the loads, just curious. A friend has just bought a 10g semi auto but not been able to buy any shells yet.

Just now, philpot said:

Maximum house points in that case Bernard. Have you ever worked out what the cost is for the loads, just curious.

I haven't mate. £30 a pound of powder. 7000÷90=77.8 ...about 2.6p for powder. Caps around 8p. Forget the shot pricing.

Probably around 25p a pop I think. I stamp my own cards for wads.

• Thanks 1

The guy who has the 10g auto also has a double 8ga breach loader. He has had brass cartridge cases made and loading his own, he recons about £4.70 per cartridge. Him and his wife are goose shooters before anything else although funnily enough last year he bought a 28ga for game and using TSS shot, he is taking a great many geese with this gun to the point that his wife has used the double 8 while he has used the 28ga all season. Funny ole world.