I was driving along a country road and as I driving along I see some fella taking pics of something near the hedge, anyway as I got closer I could see it was a phesant and for some reason the bird wasn't flying or running through the hedge so I stopped the car and asked why the bird not flown away ,his reply was it not able to fly as I just clipped it with me car so thought I'd take a pic as they lovely birds ain't they "he didn't take to kindly to my reply " your a heartless b,,,,,,,,,d and walked over to the bird that clearly had a snapped leg and bad wing so I caught it up and wrung it's neck ,well he started going on about cruelty etc ,fcuk he's just stood there snapping pics of the poor thing in pain .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I was driving along a country road and as I driving along I see some fella taking pics of something near the hedge, anyway as I got closer I could see it was a phesant and for some reason the bird wasn't flying or running through the hedge so I stopped the car and asked why the bird not flown away ,his reply was it not able to fly as I just clipped it with me car so thought I'd take a pic as they lovely birds ain't they "he didn't take to kindly to my reply " your a heartless b,,,,,,,,,d and walked over to the bird that clearly had a snapped leg and bad wing so I caught it up and wrung it's neck ,well he started going on about cruelty etc ,fcuk he's just stood there snapping pics of the poor thing in pain .

Nowt as queer as folk, I was driving down the lanes one morning and see a van marked up as wildlife rescue and a rather plump lady looking lost, Being the gentleman i am i just drove past her. Parked up and proceeded to give the dogs a run, two fields away from where she was the dogs found a swan dead in the field under the power lines. On the drive home she was still there, so i stopped and asked if i could help with anything, She explained she was looking for an injured swan that was reported as being under some powerlines, Now these power lines are not the little ones there the great big ones on pylons. I pointed over the fields to where these powerlines where, Then she proceeded to try and climb the gate, It was obvious that weren't happening, so i got out and undid the gate as it wasn't locked anyway, I thought i might as well show here where the dead bird was, even though i had not mentioned the fact it was dead. When we got into the field with the swan in it, out came the camera, taking pictures for about 10 minutes before even approaching the swan!. I turned and left here in the field and walked back to the van. She even carried this dead swan back to her van, god knows why. Would have done more good leaving it where it was.

12 hours ago, paulus said:

Nowt as queer as folk, I was driving down the lanes one morning and see a van marked up as wildlife rescue and a rather plump lady looking lost, Being the gentleman i am i just drove past her. Parked up and proceeded to give the dogs a run, two fields away from where she was the dogs found a swan dead in the field under the power lines. On the drive home she was still there, so i stopped and asked if i could help with anything, She explained she was looking for an injured swan that was reported as being under some powerlines, Now these power lines are not the little ones there the great big ones on pylons. I pointed over the fields to where these powerlines where, Then she proceeded to try and climb the gate, It was obvious that weren't happening, so i got out and undid the gate as it wasn't locked anyway, I thought i might as well show here where the dead bird was, even though i had not mentioned the fact it was dead. When we got into the field with the swan in it, out came the camera, taking pictures for about 10 minutes before even approaching the swan!. I turned and left here in the field and walked back to the van. She even carried this dead swan back to her van, god knows why. Would have done more good leaving it where it was.

Some strange folk about that's for sure 

• Like 1

had similar myself mooch,was taking the kids to a party at local farm, driving down the road and come to a stop...load of women on their phones ,taking pictures and one was on the blower to a vet...looks down ,and there's a seagull that's been run over by a car..bird was f****d,half squashed and squawking like f**k,mrs said do something about it...I made my way to them  and asked what the hold up was?Picked up the bird,walked to nearest fence post and gave it a good knock against it to end it's suffering....should of seen their faces when I slung it in the verge and said "nothing to see here,let's get moving"?..Mrs was hiding her face as we went past with the kids in the back?

• Haha 6
23 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

had similar myself mooch,was taking the kids to a party at local farm, driving down the road and come to a stop...load of women on their phones ,taking pictures and one was on the blower to a vet...looks down ,and there's a seagull that's been run over by a car..bird was f****d,half squashed and squawking like f**k,mrs said do something about it...I made my way to them  and asked what the hold up was?Picked up the bird,walked to nearest fence post and gave it a good knock against it to end it's suffering....should of seen their faces when I slung it in the verge and said "nothing to see here,let's get moving"?..Mrs was hiding her face as we went past with the kids in the back?

I took the kany home ,look on his face ,I did offer it him but he obviously don't no good feed when he sees it ?

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I took the kany home ,look on his face ,I did offer it him but he obviously don't no good feed when he sees it ?

I stop the Motor and get out all the time ,picking up roadkill,if the eyes are stil in it,then it comes home with me,waste not,want not...hate to see anything wasted?

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On 11/01/2023 at 10:45, Daniel cain said:

Go on the DC 

wadenasf.gif

• Haha 1