Hello everyone. I would like to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Chaz and I live in Canada, BC province. Any questions you have about hunting in BC or Canada I will do my best to assist and answer. I am heading to Scotland in June and going on a roe hunt and was told that this forum had a lot of great info on it. I have been hunting for almost 15 years and have harvested many whitetail, blacktail and mule deer. I have also taken many black bears. I also quite enjoy waterfowl hunting. Oh...avid fisherman, too. Anyways, thanks for the join and I look forward to chat with everyone.

Cheers,

Chopper

• Like 3

Hi geezer. I hope you have a good time ,in June, I’n Scotland. I’m sure you’ll have some stories for us. For your well being, we don’t hunt roe deer, we stalk them. It’s customary for a visitor, having shot his first roe, to eat the raw liver and mark his proud forehead with a bloodied hand. Secondly, whilst you are over here make sure you ask the Ghillie  to point you in the right direction for the illusive 3 legged hill haggis. Not many are seen never mind shot as they are a lot quicker than a deer. Then to cap it off, try for the illusive salmon. This entails being flung into a raging river (which you have in BC), and attempt to catch the aforementioned. If you complete this McNab then I personally will pay for your second visit to Scotland. Incidentally, if you are having a go at stalking in Scotland, I imagine you will be in the Scottish Borders. Where will you be staying? I have quite a few contacts in the area including one or two on here. From all us Scots, have a great holiday and keep in touch. Jok.