Over the years.

Terrier location has progressed a great deal from when I started out 38 years ago.... its went from the first prototype put out by fieldsports then deben bought the patent, and brought out what we all know and loved.. the grey knocker box...then some terriermen started to get savy and tentacles were widened to the European Market and the pieps box with the bellman came out, then some seen the barryvox pulse at work and some prefer that... which I personally think is the best box.. 

First box  the first prototype 

Second the grey knocker box 

3rd the first pieps box 

4th barryvox pulse 

Personally I love hearing the bleeps of all ... but I know a lot who's to quick to knock them on... for me when a terrier drops I know we are on... I love the whole anticipation of the find and speak... and using what we used to when we hadn't the bleepers lol. 

20221011_191605.jpg

• Like 17

12 hours ago, stop.end said:

Terrier location has progressed a great deal from when I started out 38 years ago.... its went from the first prototype put out by fieldsports then deben bought the patent, and brought out what we all know and loved.. the grey knocker box...then some terriermen started to get savy and tentacles were widened to the European Market and the pieps box with the bellman came out, then some seen the barryvox pulse at work and some prefer that... which I personally think is the best box.. 

3rd the first pieps box 

4th barryvox pulse 

Personally I love hearing the bleeps of all ... but I know a lot who's to quick to knock them on... for me when a terrier drops I know we are on... I love the whole anticipation of the find and speak... and using what we used to when we hadn't the bleepers lol. 

20221011_191605.jpg

Do you want to part with that knocker box?

5 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

The Pieps boxes regularly would land on the side of the dog I found. Never had the Barryvox things, couldn’t stand the noise of them.

Does anyone know if Bellman plan on making a new box any time soon?

Pieps beep aswell? Bellman Got to get there first ones right first ?

• Like 1

The break through is often where most go wrong from what I’ve seen .No finder will put you directly on the dog in all soil types .

Pays to listen when you have a flat bottom to the dig and you think you are inches away .Even mute dogs need to breath heavy .

I used to be so hyped up to break through when I was  younger  that I’d collapse it in on the dog ,separate quarry or miss the tunnel completely until I started listening to the dog .The ultimate break through to me is on the dogs neck so the soil can be moved away gradually to see exactly what’s going on even if the dog is screaming to the max .I’ve always stuck the spade in when alls good keeping quarry in the stop and check the dog over .

Others do it differently .

Nice to see the advance in tech Mark .Thanks for sharing ??

• Like 7
3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

The break through is often where most go wrong from what I’ve seen .No finder will put you directly on the dog in all soil types .

Pays to listen when you have a flat bottom to the dig and you think you are inches away .Even mute dogs need to breath heavy .

I used to be so hyped up to break through when I was  younger  that I’d collapse it in on the dog ,separate quarry or miss the tunnel completely until I started listening to the dog .The ultimate break through to me is on the dogs neck so the soil can be moved away gradually to see exactly what’s going on even if the dog is screaming to the max .I’ve always stuck the spade in when alls good keeping quarry in the stop and check the dog over .

Seen lads break through that hard they clouted the dog with the shovel ??‍♂️ Then wonder why the backed off ?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Me personally, I like to break through either on top of the dogs back or just behind the tail ... then proceed to backfill behind the dog and absolutely nothing is pushing past... ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Seen lads break through that hard they clouted the dog with the shovel ??‍♂️ Then wonder why the backed off ?

Mate i can work all around a dog on a breakthrough... underneath it, all around the head.. his paws anywhere...that terrier should have only one thing on his mind and that's what's in front of him... a shovel shy terrier no good to no man.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2022 at 22:22, stop.end said:

Mate i can work all around a dog on a breakthrough... underneath it, all around the head.. his paws anywhere...that terrier should have only one thing on his mind and that's what's in front of him... a shovel shy terrier no good to no man.

Something I've ALWAYS got an eye on when breaking through,  I hate to see a terrier take it's eye of the ball, something isn't quite right when they aren't 100% focused on the job

• Like 7
  • 4 weeks later...
On 18/10/2022 at 21:54, mad4digging said:

Nothing compares to the original (bellman) pieps box for me ,as for the red box I've had 4 of them which were pure dirt always some problem with them,  Nothing wrong barryvox either another great box ?

I agree with you T a great box lad 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2022 at 20:37, stop.end said:

3rd the first pieps box 

4th barryvox pulse 

20221011_191605.jpg

You will have to get the new barryvox to stay in the game mate ???

Edited by hunting hard