1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

I've got weekend feeders so can leave the birds plus the water a use virkon s have done for years my grandfather used it for his pigeons years back and never had many birds go light kills any internal parasites you only use abit tip of a tsp in 6 pints of water one of the 6 pint milk cartons. 

Iv'e always had big feeders and big water drinkers but at ringing time you just can't get away or if you do i just used to fret about how my birds were being look after and it family at home who would be doing it,bit like who would let take your dog out. I don't know why the Greenfinches didn't do anything for Gnashers nephew and that's a shame indeed but it did cheer me to hear he didn't give up and has found success in the canaries,i rarely used drugs in my birds as i collected masses of wild food and i do believe a proper diet of all sorts (like mother nature intended them to eat) does keep going light away.One thing i did do was add cider vinegar to there water to help with internal parasites then they'd get live yogurt in a bowl mixed with egg food and they did used to get it eaten up..

Edited by fireman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, fireman said:

Iv'e always had big feeders and big water drinkers but at ringing time you just get away or if you do i just used to fret about how my birds were being look after and it family at home who would be doing it,bit like who would let take your dog out. I don't know why the Greenfinches didn't do anything for Gnashers nephew and that's a shame indeed but it did cheer me to hear he didn't give up and has found success in the canaries,i rarely used drugs in my birds as i collected masses of wild food and i do believe a proper diet of all sorts (like mother nature intended them to eat) does keep going light away.One thing i did do was add cider vinegar to there water to help with internal parasites then they'd get live yogurt in a bowl mixed with egg food and they did used to get it eaten up..

I add loads of spice crushed chillie flakes,  cumin , tumric , garlic powder , mixed herbs , paprika , all goes into the eggfood with frozen buffalo worms. All the spices have different benefits different anti toxins. The garlic is great for keeping down red mite. An a use Vaseline on there legs an perches. It's true it's great to see the next generation. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...