Go to the stone pier in Weymouth it’s opposite  of the  harbour Mouth from the pavilion or before you get to the pier there is a slipway fish there I’ve seen mullet n bass cruise along and underneath the pontoon alongside a wooden boathouse where they keep rowing gigs , it’s where I seen a seal take a bass while crabbing a year ago .you can’t miss the slip way there’s a sculpture of pair of yellow wellies on path opposite it . Or it’s the chesil beach on way from weymouth to Portland or bottom of portland itself ?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Go to the stone pier in Weymouth it’s opposite  of the  harbour Mouth from the pavilion or before you get to the pier there is a slipway fish there I’ve seen mullet n bass cruise along and underneath the pontoon alongside a wooden boathouse where they keep rowing gigs , it’s where I seen a seal take a bass while crabbing a year ago .you can’t miss the slip way there’s a sculpture of pair of yellow wellies on path opposite it . Or it’s the chesil beach on way from weymouth to Portland or bottom of portland itself ?

Ideal was planning on going down around there to take the kid to sea life and a bit of crabbing will take a rod when we go down ??

Another quiet spot is down the steps from the rod well trail ice cream kiosk scope it out in the daytime and if he’s open a msssive ice cream was £2,50 ? when your at the harbour same  side as the stone pier one of the side roads take you to brewers quay , it’s a old red brick disused building walk past it on left hand side of it on left your see a vacant big of land fenced off turn left before it walk under a foot bridge the seas in front of you , think you got to go left past the ice cream place an down the steps to a path and railings which you fish over .

rodwell trail ice cream kiosk

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, white van man said:

If you get a bit of time then try the outlet between Weymouth and Portland. Under the road bridge. Find it better as the tide is ebbing. Few bass in there. The places recommended above are nice places to fish. They will be fairly busy though. 

There should be a few in there, the Fleet Lagoon is a bass nursery. :laugh:

27 minutes ago, white van man said:

Yeah. I never go an further in than the bridge though. Have kayaked in there a few times. Seen some lads fishing about half way down a couple of times 

Probably a mate of mine. :laugh:

I'm told most folks don't fish the Lagoon because of some bailiff who lays it on thick, but technically it can be fished up to the bridging camp. I think it's just discouraged.