Lt.Col. E.G. Walsh

Lurchers and longdogs was my 1st book to a gift of my late uncle (a total whippet and lurcher nut too).What a loss to the running dog world I read his books from cover to cover Frank do yourself a favour get the english whippet its a cracking read esp the bobbery pack and mink etc. R.I.P E.G Walsh thanks for putting down on paper so we can a true dog man

Stoaty

''Lurchers and Longdogs" is easily one of the best books ever written on the big dog...one of the first books i got, and on eof the FEW i kept going back too...realy a great book.

Sad to hear he passed, sounded like a realy nice guy, and i would have loved to have talked to him in person...very sad indeed.

Jay,..

To say its sad to hear that someone has died is bad enough , but to hear that someone like Lt.Col. E.G Walsh has passed on is a bit of a shock , you never think that these guys are ever going to go , and in a way they never will , as their wrtten word is always there for all to see , and , more importantly read.All we can do is is say thank you and hope that some else more younger than ourselves understands what he was trying to say and do.For God sake never leave sight of why we are on here , and why we love what we do .Alway make sure that the hound , be it running dog , scent hound or what ever you have , is fit , heathly and safe.

I just hope I'm not the only one typing this that has a tear in his eye and a lump in his throat.

Just want to say cheers to every one on here and to keep the faith .The Countryside will always be there , always has been and always will be.

Whish I could say these were my words but it's a Cree Indian prophercy -

Only after the last tree has been cut down ,

Only after the last river has been poisoned ,

Only after the last fish has bee caught ,

Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

Hopefully my son or his sons will never see this come to light.

I am man , I am the hunter.

last of the true gentlemen coursing men im afraid. nobody would be able to walk in his foot steps.you never heard anybody say a bad word about him which is amazing these days. ted was not into back stabbing or calling only the welfare of his intrests and quarry.he gave me some sound advice nearly thirty years back which i thank him for.he wasnt into making a big deal name for himself. a true gentleman.RIP