4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Libertines are one of those bands over looked as being “ a bunch of druggies “ when in reality they are awesome aren’t they ? 

Its mad that everyone calls them junkies etc when pretty much every rock band ever has snorted, jacked up and done anything and everything... so what?? 

They wrote some brilliant songs, hes another poet.... 

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a brilliant gig/night.. Blagged stage side tickets so the kids were well chuffed.. me, my brother and sister in law could chill out and the kids could do their own thing (well mine are teena

Seeing Jack white Tuesday night hammersmith, seen a few times absolute quality, kev seen suede,a few times ,very good ,my guilty pleasure is florence and the machine ,seen her a good few times and alw

All music should be banned ………

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Sure you have my iTunes account Kev lol

Greatest gig ever ??

every song an anthem 

Brilliant!!!

If your ever down this way give me a shout... we'll sort a night..

• Thanks 1

Seeing Jack white Tuesday night hammersmith, seen a few times absolute quality, kev seen suede,a few times ,very good ,my guilty pleasure is florence and the machine ,seen her a good few times and always good ,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, dytkos said:

And OCS, Primal Scream, Kula Shaker and James lol saw James (and Inspiral Carpets) supporting Bowie at Maine Road, must have been about 1988 cos I was with Mrs. D mark 1 ?

Cheers, D.

Another like minded lad , we have a family lived on my road called kulashyzkis who we called the “kula shakers “ 

you just can’t buy banter like that these days ???

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Another like minded lad , we have a family lived on my road called kulashyzkis who we called the “kula shakers “ 

you just can’t buy banter like that these days ???

Who was the kula shakers singers mum called ,famous actress 

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Who’s the best you have ever seen do you reckon mate ?

I have seen Madness, Weller, Foos, The Who, Motörhead, QOTSA, Muse, Ian Dury and the blockheads….too many to mention, but the absolute best by a clear country mile was Neil Young & Crazy Horse……I’ll take that one to the grave ! 

Either first time I seen Bowie on Alladin Sane tour at Blackburn king George's hall 1973 (£3) Queen at Liverpool Empire 1977 or Pink Floyd at Maine Road 1983.

But at the time a lot of gigs are the best ever, I miss regular live music, used to have bands on 3 times a week at the pub where Mrs. D mark 2 worked. ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, waltjnr said:

Seeing Jack white Tuesday night hammersmith, seen a few times absolute quality, kev seen suede,a few times ,very good ,my guilty pleasure is florence and the machine ,seen her a good few times and always good ,

Yes yes yes 

now we are talking 

white stripes are my fave band ever , totally different live to listening , every song is different to the album . The man’s a colossus 

inwas meant to be doing coursework and you lot are f***ing it up for me ??

I was at this tour in Glasgow and Newcastle , just a man and a guitar and a bird on drums . 

• Thanks 1
Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yes yes yes 

now we are talking 

white stripes are my fave band ever , totally different live to listening , every song is different to the album . The man’s a colossus 

inwas meant to be doing coursework and you lot are f***ing it up for me ??

I was at this tour in Glasgow and Newcastle , just a man and a guitar and a bird on drums . 

A genius ! 

• Thanks 1

One for you Stiiff

My mate organises this every year, big fund raiser for Royal Marines Charity..

He drummed for our old band for years...he's a good bloke, been in since he was 16, my brothers best mate from primary school....

Loves his music and this festival is all his doing, some decent local bands play

REGISTER.ENTHUSE.COM

I have just registered for the H-Fest 2022 Why not join me...

16 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

That will be a brilliant gig mate... 

Don't know why I never watched Suede back in the day..one I missed, always liked them!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

One for you Stiiff

My mate organises this every year, big fund raiser for Royal Marines Charity..

He drummed for our old band for years...he's a good bloke, been in since he was 16, my brothers best mate from primary school....

Loves his music and this festival is all his doing, some decent local bands play

REGISTER.ENTHUSE.COM

I have just registered for the H-Fest 2022 Why not join me...

How far is that from chivenor ? 

might kill two birds with one stone