witts end!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Calm down and consider the basic facts of the situation in a rational manner.

She rips bins because she gets at bins. Remove access to bins. Problem solved. Why on earth produce pups to stop something so simply remedied? Not that that would make any differance to her natural scavenging behaviour. Except possible accentuate it.

I know exactly where ye coming from with the hair ripping though. One of mine's a bugger for a bin. I just put the bin behind a closed door and got on with me life ;)

Dogs will always be dogs mate! There's only so much of their natural behavior you can train out of them. I'd advise you to move your bins. Some dogs never seem to bother with them, but then others do.

our cats used to be sods for ripping up binbags, not just ours, but all the neighbours binbags as well. my dad refused to believe it was our cats, until they left a line of nappies from across the road to our back door! in the end we sprayed our binbags with a mix of olbas oil & water. cats hate the smell of olbas oil, so they got as far as our bins, took one sniff, went "f*ck that!" and headed home. so, if you can't get the binbags out of the way of the dog (can't see why that would be difficult, a good plastic rubbish bin with a clip-on lid should do the trick), try spraying them with citronella, or something else deeply unpleasant smelling & foul-tasting.