Game dealers

Went to a butcher and game dealer last  week  and asked him if he was in the  market for a good  supply  of big  healthy rabbits, noticed  he had some  for  sale behind  his counter £ 7.20 per pound ,thinking  I was onto  a winner  when  he said  yes I,all take  as many  as ya get ,I,all give  ya a pound  a piece  ,could not believe  the cheeky  c..t ,told him that's  what  I  used  to get  30 year  back  n walked  away   , not gonna give em away  .Anyone  else having  this problem 

40 minutes ago, wildman said:

Went to a butcher and game dealer last  week  and asked him if he was in the  market for a good  supply  of big  healthy rabbits, noticed  he had some  for  sale behind  his counter £ 7.20 per pound ,thinking  I was onto  a winner  when  he said  yes I,all take  as many  as ya get ,I,all give  ya a pound  a piece  ,could not believe  the cheeky  c..t ,told him that's  what  I  used  to get  30 year  back  n walked  away   , not gonna give em away  .Anyone  else having  this problem 

Used to be same with feather they always paid low an then when you look in window there’s £5 markup , mind they have the overheads with rent an wage to pay I suppose ?

2 hours ago, Arry said:

Get £2.50 for them mate and he will take all I can get. Lad I know of was selling them to a Zoo guts still in skin on £4 a piece no shot ones.

Cheers Arry

That’s not bad I was getting 25p a rabbit from the zoo back in the late 80s and 50p from the game dealer game dealer took unmarked ones only zoo took anything the dogs had caught so if you had a hard mouthed dog the bruising didn’t matter, trout were a £1 each at the same era so much more lucrative ??