7 minutes ago, villaman said:

What ever you do don’t mix it with peanuts, they will throw the wheat out all over the place 

Yerr, they prefer peanuts I know ?

5 minutes ago, villaman said:

Might pay to buy wheat now as the price is going sky high . I am lucky my mate who owns a farm lets me have it free of charge , about 1/2 tonne 

5 minutes ago, villaman said:

Might pay to buy wheat now as the price is going sky high . I am lucky my mate who owns a farm lets me have it free of charge , about 1/2 tonne 

I can get the sweepings for nowt so plenty for squirrel feeders if I need it?
As for the good stuff, he won’t sell any yet as he knows it’s going to go up? but I can get it elsewhere, not checked on price yet as the sheds need clearing out before it’s worth buying any more wheat.

I must admit whilst our squirrel shoot only yeilds a fraction of Mitch's perm, but out of the dozen farm perms we have, we get a few bags of wheat from each for nowt so it builds up to see us through the season on pheasants and squirrels.

Phil

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Tend to use what pheasants are fed on the squirrels are used to it so no need to spend money on something else ( and it’s free ) wheat sunflower seeds , canary grass , stuff out of the driers , deer like it pheasants like , squirrels like it even mr fox likes it ! 

8EF5BBAE-2807-4B08-AA27-82C36D9AFC7E.jpeg

87237A0F-CA02-4C17-8209-9D0C87BB784A.jpeg

• Like 1