Cracking Dog Fox

Went up to Scotland last night for a bit of foxing. I didnt realise it was a full moon and very still , consequently everywhere was quiet. On going up the farm track I spied a rat scurrying about on the track so I quickly jumped out off the motor with my .22 and put it to bed :D

post-29-1200837734_thumb.jpg

Then we continued looking for foxes , the 1st one I spied should have been in the bag but I couldnt get my cross hairs on it before it slinked into the wood.

Anyway I continued on til I saw a 2nd fox but once again no luck as it wasnt a safe shot with houses in the background.

I then proceeded to put the lamp over a dry stone wall and spotted this massive dog fox, luck was on my side this time as he stood broadside and I manged to drop him at about 100 yards resting on the dry stone wall.

When I picked the fox up I was over the moon as what a specimen , perfect condition weighing in at 20 lbs.

So a night that started poorly finished off great !!! :D

post-29-1200838007_thumb.jpg

Look at the size of this fella , hes as big as me !!

Went up to Scotland last night for a bit of foxing. I didnt realise it was a full moon and very still , consequently everywhere was quiet. On going up the farm track I spied a rat scurrying about on the track so I quickly jumped out off the motor with my .22 and put it to bed :D

post-29-1200837734_thumb.jpg

Then we continued looking for foxes , the 1st one I spied should have been in the bag but I couldnt get my cross hairs on it before it slinked into the wood.

Anyway I continued on til I saw a 2nd fox but once again no luck as it wasnt a safe shot with houses in the background.

I then proceeded to put the lamp over a dry stone wall and spotted this massive dog fox, luck was on my side this time as he stood broadside and I manged to drop him at about 100 yards resting on the dry stone wall.

When I picked the fox up I was over the moon as what a specimen , perfect condition weighing in at 20 lbs.

So a night that started poorly finished off great !!! :D

post-29-1200838007_thumb.jpg

Look at the size of this fella , hes as big as me !!

It`s hard to tell who has the bigger smile.. :D Nice fox mate :thumbs: