Wee rabbit hunt.

I was keen to get out to get me a rabbit or two this afternoon. 

I used my .45 and loaded five .36 balls in it to be legal.

20220219_134613.jpg.63950ad3b12dbb6c80d89e9136aca974.jpgI missed #1 rabbit but got #2. 30yd shot. 20220219_170440.jpg.def9b535847b2c4215eacb782e577954.jpgcan you see the ball in the hawthorn? Here is a close up. 20220219_170611.jpg.badb9b73cb3579509ae12fac6d4773fc.jpgNumber three was right on dark. Another 30yd shot. When it stuck its neck out I made a perfect neck shot. 

20220219_173558.jpg.6b4f015ee7d7cbb996782d0ddcadbe4b.jpgTurned out to be a grand afternoon,  saw no one, the rough weather got them all confined to barracks, just how I like it ? 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Mr sausage 

could we please have a bit of history on your firearm , I think that they look fantastic, and would like to know more about it 

thank you sir , and good shooting as usual 

atb 

Dave it is an Armi Sport from Italy. No longer in business. Made in the early eighties. Its based on the American Kentucky long rifle.

Many a reproduction muzzleloader manufacturer offered smoothbored versions of their rifles for sad countries like ours when it comes to firearm laws. That said its still alot of fun. Every successful hunt has more involved and thus satisfying. 

I was tipping about 70gns of powder in it. It make a lovely sound and gives a healthy thump in the shoulder, nice?

• Like 2

Thanks Nathan 

I thought is was something from the 1800 hundreds it looks like it ?

70g of powder is a  lot , not that I don’t know about these guns 

is black powder a lot cheaper than rifle reloading powder for modern rifles 

what I mean is I pay £86 for one kilo ( I think ) of vit 160 for reloading the 243 with 42g per round , your almost double that ?
atb mate 

51 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Thanks Nathan 

I thought is was something from the 1800 hundreds it looks like it ?

70g of powder is a  lot , not that I don’t know about these guns 

is black powder a lot cheaper than rifle reloading powder for modern rifles 

what I mean is I pay £86 for one kilo ( I think ) of vit 160 for reloading the 243 with 42g per round , your almost double that ?
atb mate 

It was cheap Dave. Its about £60 a kilo now.

I like to load my muzzleloaders so they are just starting to jump out of the fore hand!

I think any form of shooting after the 90's stopped being cheap.

Before 2000 one could load anything cheaply.

Archery is about the cheapest today, chiefly due to arrows can be shot indefinitely! Some fools stopped us using that though. ?‍♂️

Iirc,  the barrel is 36" mate.

• Like 1