More prevention solution

• 4 months later...
On 19/02/2022 at 18:28, MrsChamp606 said:

Hey guy,

a good mate of mine asked me if I knew if a decent solution he could apply to the back of his canaries to prevent red mite

anyone recommend anything?

Thanks 

I use garlic granules that you get in your spice rack mix it in with the egg food with a few other spices plus s76 in the water an spray bottle give the birds a spray daily with the mix in the bottle. Use multi mite round the cages an birdroom in a puffer. An coal tar shampoo they hate the smell some use that other soap.  I seem that the coal tar shampoo is alot stronger smell an soak the nest felts in it an leave to dry natural. I've not had red mite for 4 seasons this will be. 

14 hours ago, Bird Catcher said:

Used to crumble tobacco from a fag in each nest, same with the racing pigeons, seemed to stop lice and mite, also used to put vasceline on the perch ends as the mite hides in the day and come along perches at night

Yeah vasceline bottom of nest pans too mites stick too it. The coal tar shampoo works wonders an makes birdroom smell fresh better than the soap nippers on about I find anyway.. And the multi mite drys the mites out when in contact. A use these smoke bombs too from pest expert before season when no birds are In the birdroom. Creepys drop from every where with them. 

Best bug killer on the market but make sure you take the birds out first better than the pronafit. Pronafit you can leave the birds in but with these you can't. Makesure if you use the pest expert you take all drinking and food products out. 

20220702_111100.jpg