Ferreting in Teesdale

Guest Keeps

Deep dig & his mate masher came up for a day’s ferreting today with Smudge, Mr K & me, on Lord Smudges permission :D. The day looked none too promising, was very wet & windy :blink: in fact so wet that I couldn’t take the camera :icon_eek::(

Indie didn’t fail to disappoint, despite his tender age. He coursed and caught the first three that bolted without a net, all of which were down a very steep incline, not bad considering he’s only 10 months old. Why is it that I never have a camera with me when I really really need one :rolleyes: Maybe it was just as well the amount of time we spent sliding down the bank on our backsides :icon_redface: :11: I think deepdig was the only one who managed to stay on his feet all day :rolleyes:

Then I remembered that l did have a camera on my phone, nothing flash though :blink:

30-10-3.jpg

but it did manage to record Smudges biggest ever dig for a bunny :icon_eek: he really got stuck in and I thought he wasn’t going to stop he was enjoying it so much :11:

30D4EA1.jpg

30C2E81.jpg

Back to the car for a bite to eat and the sun came out :D found a different spot in the afternoon and made our way back onto the fell, this time camera in hand :D

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Masher brought his plummer bitch, a really good marking dog and a young pup just learning. She proved that not only was she a good marker but she also doubled as a ferret too, she pulled two bunnies out all on her own :blink: :11:

DSC_0127.jpg

young pup watching & learning

DSC_0140.jpg

setting the nets, there were plenty of them :blink: but plenty of helpers too :D

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

a bit of time out

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

The day soon came to an end with the clocks changing, we called it a day as the sun began to set

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

1b625122.jpg

Had a brill day, in cracking company, deep dig you & mash are welcome any time :)

and what a way to finish the day but to enjoy a view like this

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

They're excellent for ferreting, marking & bushing Rob, not all the bunnies we caught yesterday were ferreted, but like Geronimo says, a few terriers together can be a bit of a pain :D lets just say it was a very lively day :blink: :11:

but like Geronimo says, a few terriers together can be a bit of a pain  :D  lets just say it was a very lively day :blink:  :11:

:11: :clapper:........

Ohhhhhhh , I have BAD memories :D .

One is fine , two is trouble , anymore is a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!! :ph34r: .

Rather you than me...... :11:

As long as theres more than one person to keep the peace, shall we say :rolleyes: :11: then its not too bad :D but yes, much easier just to take one :11:

We had 3 with us yesterday so we must have had a complete nightmare Geronimo :D :ph34r: