Any one with large oeg or bantams that will have any young birds for sale near Peterborough area give us a pm 

I'm looking for a trio ,not looking for show quality as they for me granddaughter so if you have any you moving on give me a pm please .

Atb 

Mooch 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 02/02/2022 at 10:17, Moocher71 said:

Any one with large oeg or bantams that will have any young birds for sale near Peterborough area give us a pm 

I'm looking for a trio ,not looking for show quality as they for me granddaughter so if you have any you moving on give me a pm please .

Atb 

Mooch 

Get some layers mooch ??
got to admit having a couple of fowl round the place again is good for kids my two young sons love having chickens plus helping out collecting eggs feeding cleaning we got a few hybrids for laying they’re a good asset I’ve put our 3 to work clearing fertiliseing scratching an tilling our raised veg beds over winter they had a month on each bed doing where work all we done was add fallen leafs an straw plus any greens to the run for them to work in to the ground…..the grounds like black gold be interested to see what weight in crops I can get out the ground 

2 hours ago, poxon said:

Get some layers mooch ??
got to admit having a couple of fowl round the place again is good for kids my two young sons love having chickens plus helping out collecting eggs feeding cleaning we got a few hybrids for laying they’re a good asset I’ve put our 3 to work clearing fertiliseing scratching an tilling our raised veg beds over winter they had a month on each bed doing where work all we done was add fallen leafs an straw plus any greens to the run for them to work in to the ground…..the grounds like black gold be interested to see what weight in crops I can get out the ground 

The misses as said if we get chucks she wants rescue hens so that's the game out the window ?  

Hopefully you get a good crop from veg patch this year ,I've put in for allotment and they said plots going and they have meeting end of every month so hopefully we get one and get the grandkids helping ? 

Atb 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

The misses as said if we get chucks she wants rescue hens so that's the game out the window ?  

Hopefully you get a good crop from veg patch this year ,I've put in for allotment and they said plots going and they have meeting end of every month so hopefully we get one and get the grandkids helping ? 

Atb 

Rescue hens are good value for money you can pick them up for 50p to 1.50 each they look a bit ropey for a bit but good living outer doors they look good as new plus plenty of eggs once they age stop laying or any problems they make for good dog scran 

hopefully Mate we’re going all in this year on the veg growing we normally grow a little but nothing to serious but we got big plans in our little veg patch this year we wanna try growing as much as we can an store a lot to try an keep the cost of living down we got a little poly tunnel as well our little veg patch is only about 18ft by 18ft plus a 6x8ft poly tunnel the poly tunnel is a new thing for this year we’re lazy gardeners we practice no dig gardening on the beds we just add compost then plant we try an work out growing time needed for each crop the day it’s harvested we got a new crop/seedlings to plant in that space so the ground ain’t left empty we get 2-3 crops out of one spot a growing season. 

i tryed getting a proper size allotment plot but they seem in real demand in this village allotments seems like a you gotta be in the click to get a plot I give up enquiring in the end it’s a shame because the village allotment here’s really nice it’s like a old Victorian walled garden I think it was originally part of the old manor here 

hope you get a plot sorted mooch ya grandkids will love it especially once they learn an see food being grown ??

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, poxon said:

Rescue hens are good value for money you can pick them up for 50p to 1.50 each they look a bit ropey for a bit but good living outer doors they look good as new plus plenty of eggs once they age stop laying or any problems they make for good dog scran 

hopefully Mate we’re going all in this year on the veg growing we normally grow a little but nothing to serious but we got big plans in our little veg patch this year we wanna try growing as much as we can an store a lot to try an keep the cost of living down we got a little poly tunnel as well our little veg patch is only about 18ft by 18ft plus a 6x8ft poly tunnel the poly tunnel is a new thing for this year we’re lazy gardeners we practice no dig gardening on the beds we just add compost then plant we try an work out growing time needed for each crop the day it’s harvested we got a new crop/seedlings to plant in that space so the ground ain’t left empty we get 2-3 crops out of one spot a growing season. 

i tryed getting a proper size allotment plot but they seem in real demand in this village allotments seems like a you gotta be in the click to get a plot I give up enquiring in the end it’s a shame because the village allotment here’s really nice it’s like a old Victorian walled garden I think it was originally part of the old manor here 

hope you get a plot sorted mooch ya grandkids will love it especially once they learn an see food being grown ??

One of me old neighbours rescues hens and said she'll give me a few when she goes collect the next batch ,

The fella in charge of Allotments told me he's fed up with those who have got plots but do nothing with them when they could be producing veg etc for family's so he's giving plots to new people so hopefully we get one soon .

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/02/2022 at 10:17, Moocher71 said:

Atb 

Mooch 

I have two pairs of Oxford gingers if you would like some eggs I can post out 

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2022 at 17:58, wickenuk said:

i like them gingers the cock has nice bronze tail feathers, do any of your hens come spurred ?

My young hen in the photo is gunner be spurred, I’ve an unrelated hen which isn’t so hope fully she throws the spurred gene on