Proto type IMBRA ???

Remember the Aldrich? :D Guy who got it licensed for use was my mate! When he died, I got his actual, personal traps, including the snare / rope itself which he'd used to recapture an escaped lynx.

I've since put them back into the hands of that fraternity, since I've lost interest in traps, per se. I didn't want them laying around this place, just to mystify who ever might come across them when I'm dead.

Regards the MAFF in all this? I've probably told my story often enough now. I have no photographs of the phone calls, so it never happened anyway :rolleyes:

Not really bothered about trying to prove shit to this place now.

Have to excuse me now, mate. Got to go and fetch my trail cam in! See what they've been up to tonight :boogy:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Bloody hell, Mackem; Is that yours?! It's practically factory, isn't it?

If I'm not mistaken, the wire 'arms' on the sides of the box were to throw the snare upwards. Idea being that would have it placed better as the spring tightened it. Higher up on the leg?

Belisle, of course, still make a foot snare that uses a similar idea. Theirs is proposed for bigger stuff though. Coyotes and such.

No sir, not mine, but your right about the snare being "thrown" higher up the leg ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/12/2021 at 19:47, Ken's Deputy said:

I handed all my records over to " OTC ". He was moving bloody mountains, at the time. Planned to publish Three full volumes on the old traps!

Probably had the material too! Had stripped the National Archives out and had made himself a personal acquaintance of Mr Fenn jr. Must have amassed the mother lode.

Then, His life took a turn :no: Honestly don't know if he'd cross the road to look at a trap, now.

Oh I certainly would cross the road, my old friend! And the trap that Micky shows, that started this thread, is hanging on my wall … as for the books, they are still waiting for me to find time to edit the text, and press the go button …

OTC

• Like 1

My Man!!!!! :boogy: :clapper: :toast:

I honestly thought we'd lost ye! As ye see; I'm Not the Doxxing type. (Fukking strange, for here these days, I know :rolleyes:) But I'll always consider another mans personal business exactly that.

Ye words just seemed to be getting ever more distant though. That last note, I considered about the last whisper :(

So, ye back? :D Fukking excellent! Made my day!!! :good:

I never really went away, I was just busy and a little preoccupied with a few things… ?

I sold off literally thousands of my old traps, out of necessity, but have kept the cream, and they still have my vested interest. Things have moved on a long way with my research too since those early days, the real story is often a lot different from what we were always lead to believe. I will get the books done, I promise, there’s just always something more pressing to do!

OTC

• Like 2